Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Unless they have a deal in place to unload Albert, they should take Star #1 (or Floyd if they stupidly think he's the better DT) and keep Albert as a long term LT. Then they come out with a good/great player at each position of need.

If they unload Albert for a 2nd rounder, they can draft their OT, but they don't necessarily get a future star at DT in the 2nd round (or, they might take a QB in the 2nd round).

From what I've read, KC wants the #42 pick from Miami and Miami wants to trade the #54 pick instead. There is a caveat here that if Miami can trade Davon Bess to Cleveland for a mid-rounder, they could then throw that mid-rounder into the deal with KC and potentially make up for the 12 spot difference in the second round.

I hope Star goes in the top 10...but all the Mocks I've seen lately have him dropping to the middle of the first.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Star goes to Carolina at 14. Joining Jordan Gross and Steve Smith.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Star will be the steal of the draft

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Good place for Star to land. Anyone know how much money he lost due to the abnormal test at the combine?
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Good place for Star to land. Anyone know how much money he lost due to the abnormal test at the combine?
    I think they said last night that Fisher and Joekal can expect to make about $4 mil a year...so that's the top of the draft...I bet Star is more in the 1.5 to 2 mil range with his draft slot. The Rookie wage scale has really helped teams not destroy themselves with a bad top pick.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    My immediate first thought. Nice place to land. It's nice to see a draft that focuses on the guys in the trenches being valuable commodities for teams.

Thrilled with this pick. Anxious to see how he does.

I LOVED how Carolina made their pick in about 30 seconds. They must have been shocked that he was still on the board. I predict that Star will go down as one of the five best players in this draft.

Again, congrats to him and GO PANTHERS!

Also, I guess today is more or less an "off day" for Ute fans as I would be shocked to see any of our guys go today. Tomorrow will be interesting. We could potentially see four guys or no guys get drafted.

I love the reaction of Star's oldest daughter in this photo that was taken when he was selected by Carolina:

"Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Ziggy's mom was hoping a team in Utah would draft him...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uld-draft-him/

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Ziggy's mom was hoping a team in Utah would draft him...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uld-draft-him/
    Oh be nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKE9y...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by GarthUte View Post
    I love the reaction of Star's oldest daughter in this photo that was taken when he was selected by Carolina:

I believe that is his niece. Also, I notice that Carolina took another nose tackle in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I believe that is his niece. Also, I notice that Carolina took another nose tackle in the second round.
    Thanks for the correction.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Man, The NFL draft is such a crapshoot. In round 5, the Colts just took Montori Hughes from Tennessee Martin. He is a DT. And the Kruger brothers, who undoubtedly were higher rated by rivals and scout coming out of HS, remain on the board..........just funny to me.

Joe is running out of slots. I think he was coming out either way, but he has to look at his performance and see that he is landing where his production would warrant.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Joe Kruger to the Eagles in the 7th

Chip Kelly basically drafted the pac-12. Good luck Joe. Hopefully this decision works out well for him.
    André Gide

Dave Kruger has signed with the Browns as a UFA. No other Utes signed as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Man, The NFL draft is such a crapshoot. In round 5, the Colts just took Montori Hughes from Tennessee Martin. He is a DT. And the Kruger brothers, who undoubtedly were higher rated by rivals and scout coming out of HS, remain on the board..........just funny to me.
    No, player development is a crapshoot. You seem surprised that every NFL roster isn't made up of 5- and 4-star recruits out of HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Dave Kruger has signed with the Browns as a UFA. No other Utes signed as of yet.
    Sellwood to Falcons, Stevens to Redskins, Lacy to Saints, Dunn to Steelers, Rolf to Chargers, Lee to Ravens. I may be forgetting someone else.
    http://www.corbettreport.com/

www.infowars.com

DVC to the Redskins per his twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    DVC to the Redskins per his twitter.
    Nice!
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    No, player development is a crapshoot. You seem surprised that every NFL roster isn't made up of 5- and 4-star recruits out of HS.
    Does Eeyore need his tail to be nailed back on again? The sun will come out, tomorrow!
    Last edited by UtahsMrSports; 04-28-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks to everyone for posting these! Glad our guys can be drafted/signed. Hopefully, they can stick in hte league a while!

Sam Brenner was signed by the Dolphins and Reggie Topps by the Cards.
    http://www.corbettreport.com/

www.infowars.com

Floored that apparently nobody is even taking the Wolfman into a mini-camp. 2,500+ yards in the PAC 12! Yes, he's small but he at least deserves a camp invite! Does he have an agent? If so, he needs to re-evaluate that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Floored that apparently nobody is even taking the Wolfman into a mini-camp. 2,500+ yards in the PAC 12! Yes, he's small but he at least deserves a camp invite! Does he have an agent? If so, he needs to re-evaluate that situation.
    I am surprised as well. His production seems like it should warrant at least a peek. I guess not.
    André Gide