Thread: Greetings!

Greetings!

How did you pick your Moniker?
    A little bird told me about it.

How did you discover UB5?
    the message board formerly known as CUF.

How many states/countries have you lived in?
    New York, Montana, Utah, Connecticut, California

What are your Sports Loyalties?
    Lakers, Mets, Yale Bulldogs

What was the moment that cemented your Ute Fanhood?
    The moment I successfully created an account on this site.

What do you currently do for a living?
    I teach Geometry

Are your religiously affiliated, and if so, what is your current standing?​
    Nope.

Also, every once in a long while, I have been known to pee in the sink, but mostly I pee in the toilet, and occasionally in the shower, to conserve water and prevent athlete's foot.
    Last edited by RobinFinderson; 04-18-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Missed some stuff at the top

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFinderson View Post
    What was the moment that cemented your Ute Fanhood?
    The moment I successfully created an account on this site.
    lol

Welcome, RF.

Welcome RalphFurley. Tell us about your favorite motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Welcome RalphFurley. Tell us about your favorite motorcycle.
    Is this an inside joke? My favorite motorcycle is the motorcycle I ride most days of the week -- a BMW Dakar (650). I put an average of 250 miles on that bike every week.

Banned
    I am glad to see you here.

Thank you Devildog. I'm glad to see a fellow motorcycle enthusiast over here.

It is about time you showed up! This place just got a whole lot more interesting. Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Brave Sir Robin! Don't be a stranger.
    Last edited by Applejack; 04-19-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Hello, old friend. I didn't tell you about this place since you had told me previously you were trying to remove these communities from your life.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Hello, old friend. I didn't tell you about this place since you had told me previously you were trying to remove these communities from your life.
    Thank you for the thought. I will not be spending nearly as much time here as I did on CUF. That is one bad habit I will not start again... and besides, I no longer have that much time to waste.

Robin, you and Space Ghost have me leaning heavily toward a Beemer for an adventure bike.

And glad to see you here!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Robin, you and Space Ghost have me leaning heavily toward a Beemer for an adventure bike.

And glad to see you here!
    Thank you. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with a BMW adventure bike, especially if you plan on riding it A LOT. If I had not planned on riding it almost every day (I use it as a commuter bike), I probably would have been fine with a classic KLR 650. But when you ride the bike a lot, the little extras (ABS breaks, heated hand grips, fuel injection) really matter. BMW's F800GS bikes look amazing.

But my next bike is going to be a Gold Wing, for when LR is no living longer with us, and Faith and I want to head out onto the road for some big adventures.

Good to see you RF. I hope you are doing well..