Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 79

Thread: The Official Andre Miller Thread

  1. #31
    Andre to the Wizards!



    If you ever travel to D.C., give me a ring and we'll go watch Professor Miller in person.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Andre to the Wizards!



    If you ever travel to D.C., give me a ring and we'll go watch Professor Miller in person.
    He will be a great mentor to John Wall. I love this move, and they gave up virtually nothing to add him.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    He will be a great mentor to John Wall. I love this move, and they gave up virtually nothing to add him.
    Hopefully, Wall can teach Miller a thing or two as well - like how to do the Dougie.

  4. #34
    Andre comes alive in Game 1 - helps guide the Wiz over the Bulls. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-over-chicago/

    Also, interesting article about Dre's shoelaces: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ces-and-socks/


  5. #35
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Andre comes alive in Game 1 - helps guide the Wiz over the Bulls. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-over-chicago/

    Also, interesting article about Dre's shoelaces: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ces-and-socks/




    That is some awesome footwear work right there.

  6. #36
    Dre crashing the media buffet line, pregame:



    He's frugal!

  7. #37
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Dre crashing the media buffet line, pregame:
    He's frugal!
    Black socks + sandals?

    He is embracing this "grandpa" label a bit too much.

  8. #38
    Handsome Boy Graduate mpfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Black socks + sandals?

    He is embracing this "grandpa" label a bit too much.
    I'm okay with it. Everything Andre Miller does is awesome.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

  9. #39
    Senior Member justaute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SLC-FW-Pitt
    Posts
    1,162
    Plus, those are athletic black socks, not the black dress socks.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I'm okay with it. Everything Andre Miller does is awesome.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I'm okay with it. Everything Andre Miller does is awesome.
    How about advancing past the first round! Congrats, Andre, now let's make the eastern conference finals.

  11. #41
    A very flattering write-up on Grantland: http://grantland.com/features/andre-...izards-career/

    “You were guaranteed at least two easy baskets every game,” said Alex Jensen, one of Miller’s teammates at Utah. “I never played with a better passer. It’s not just the lobs or if you run a cut and in that split second, he always had it there. Even if he was just passing it to you for a wide-open jump shot, the pass was on time, in the right spot.”
    “You get spoiled by it because you don’t realize it’s exceptional until you play without him,” said Michael Doleac, another teammate. “When I was at Utah, I was learning to play the game. I didn’t know any better. When I started playing away from Andre, I started to realize.”

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    A very flattering write-up on Grantland: http://grantland.com/features/andre-...izards-career/
    Nice article. I got to know Andre during his freshman year when he was studying to pass the ACT. Great kid then. Great guy now.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Nice article. I got to know Andre during his freshman year when he was studying to pass the ACT. Great kid then. Great guy now.
    I had a discussion recently with someone who believed Andre should be in the HOF because of his lofty assist totals. That's just as absurd for saying Mark Eaton should be in the HOF for his blocks, or Jason Terry for his 3-pointers. You gotta have more than just that, and Andre doesn't have it. He's never been an All-Star, never made an all-NBA team. He's led the league in assists. Once. And until this year, he'd never been out of the first round of the playoffs. This person tried liking Miller's career numbers to Steve Nash's, but Nash was a two-time MVP.

    But damn ... Andre Miller is a HOF'er in so many other things. A teammate. A leader. Humility. Perspective. Thoughtfulness. Professionalism. The NBA would be boring beyond hope if everyone was Andre Miller, and I think even Andre would agree. But when you're one of a kind, your specialness really shines. Is that enough to elevate the discussion on his career? His impact? I don't know, Andre doesn't care and for Utes fans, it's probably better that way. It's our little secret, and like Andre refuses to promote himself, we really don't need to say much about it to the masses. Amongst Ute fans, Andre's legend is secure.

    He is truly one of a kind, just like Magic, MJ, Bird and LeBron. He's not of their talent, but I think it's safe to say there will never be another Andre Miller.

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    I had a discussion recently with someone who believed Andre should be in the HOF because of his lofty assist totals. That's just as absurd for saying Mark Eaton should be in the HOF for his blocks, or Jason Terry for his 3-pointers. You gotta have more than just that, and Andre doesn't have it. He's never been an All-Star, never made an all-NBA team. He's led the league in assists. Once. And until this year, he'd never been out of the first round of the playoffs. This person tried liking Miller's career numbers to Steve Nash's, but Nash was a two-time MVP.

    But damn ... Andre Miller is a HOF'er in so many other things. A teammate. A leader. Humility. Perspective. Thoughtfulness. Professionalism. The NBA would be boring beyond hope if everyone was Andre Miller, and I think even Andre would agree. But when you're one of a kind, your specialness really shines. Is that enough to elevate the discussion on his career? His impact? I don't know, Andre doesn't care and for Utes fans, it's probably better that way. It's our little secret, and like Andre refuses to promote himself, we really don't need to say much about it to the masses. Amongst Ute fans, Andre's legend is secure.

    He is truly one of a kind, just like Magic, MJ, Bird and LeBron. He's not of their talent, but I think it's safe to say there will never be another Andre Miller.
    I agree that he doesn't belong in the HoF, not by a longshot. I'll always wonder what may have happened if he had landed with a championship caliber team (win a couple rings as the 3rd best guy on a team with Durrant or LeBron and the whole narrative changes), but he has to share a little of the blame for that as well.

    I absolutely love the way a lot of the basketball diehards like Zach Lowe gush about "Professor Miller".

  15. #45
    Andre gets inducted into the Crimson Club HOF today: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/58...-utah.html.csp

  16. #46
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Andre gets inducted into the Crimson Club HOF today: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/58...-utah.html.csp
    He visited the football team today:

    Andre miller.jpg

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  17. #47
    Andre taking the Heat to (old) school: http://deadspin.com/andre-miller-thr...-he-1665492234

    Last edited by Applejack; 12-02-2014 at 08:09 AM.

  18. #48
    A great pic from Andre's YMCA days:

    andre.jpg

  19. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    A great pic from Andre's YMCA days:

    andre.jpg
    Even back then Andre knew that he'd one day play for Philadelphia. And Cleveland. And Denver. And Portland. And Denver. And Washington.

  20. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    A great pic from Andre's YMCA days:

    andre.jpg
    I swear he's my favorite athlete of all time. Not just ute athlete. Great picture for sure.

  21. #51
    Andre with yet another game winning assist for his illustrious career.



    He's been here before. I think he just calmly walked out of Amway Arena - no celebration.

  22. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    He's been here before. I think he just calmly walked out of Amway Arena - no celebration.
    I was about to make the same comment. You see all these celebration shots, but Andre isn't in any of them despite just throwing the perfect pass.

  23. #53
    One more for good measure. This one is my favorite one of the year. It is classic Dre - he completely directs the action and he stops and restarts the play based on the Celtic big man (is that Jared Sullinger) facing the wrong way; once Dre sees this, he motions for a down screen but his intention the entire time is to the throw the lob to Kevin Serraphin. In fact, he does it before Serraphin even breaks off his screen. Beautiful.

    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...the-night.nba/

  24. #54

  25. #55
    Sounds like the poor guy is heading to Sacramento in exchange for Ramon Sessions. That's too bad, I loved having him here.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  26. #56
    This is actually a good move for Andre - probably lengthens his career if he wants it too. George Karl loves him. He's grabbing Andre to be a leader in the locker room and help the players understand his system. Andre's minutes have fallen dramatically this season and rightfully so given Wall's production. The King's have made a good hire. If Karl can get Cousins to be just a little less of a jackass they'll start turning some things around.

  27. #57
    Handsome Boy Graduate mpfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
    This is actually a good move for Andre - probably lengthens his career if he wants it too. George Karl loves him. He's grabbing Andre to be a leader in the locker room and help the players understand his system. Andre's minutes have fallen dramatically this season and rightfully so given Wall's production. The King's have made a good hire. If Karl can get Cousins to be just a little less of a jackass they'll start turning some things around.
    I agree this is good for Miller. Karl is a true believer in the abilities of Andre Miller. I could absolutely see him re-signing with the Kings after this season.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

  28. #58
    I think this signifies the end for Andre as a relevant player. A playoff team just sent him away in favor a Ramon Sessions, who is a total retread in the NBA. Andre will hopefully play a little more in Sacto and enjoy the rest of this season and maybe even next season as a positive influence on a floundering team, but he's done as a difference-maker on the court.

  29. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    I think this signifies the end for Andre as a relevant player. A playoff team just sent him away in favor a Ramon Sessions, who is a total retread in the NBA. Andre will hopefully play a little more in Sacto and enjoy the rest of this season and maybe even next season as a positive influence on a floundering team, but he's done as a difference-maker on the court.
    He was great to have here as a mentor to John Wall and someone who provided great veteran leadership. Sadly, the Wiz needed a shakeup, maybe this was it.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  30. #60
    Handsome Boy Graduate mpfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,497
    This has been a good trade for Miller. It is early, but his production and mpg are both up with Sacramento. Miller already is saying he wants to re-sign with the Kings. Dre is one of George Karl's favorite players and I expect him to keep playing over 20 mpg and I can absolutely see him continuing to play around 15+ mpg next year with the Kings.

    I also think it is a great fit as he can transition right from playing to an assistant for George Karl when he is done playing.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •