Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    On Talking Dead they said it was her husband's head...

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    Damn. I hope they show that!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post

The scene with the helicopter and the grocery store attack was terrific. I love the scenes where they fight the walkers.
    Really?! I just turned it off halfway through that scene. I'm suppose to believe that these stupid things have been walking around this roof for God knows how long and then because a couple of shelves fall over, they start dropping through the ceiling like zombie bombs? One of which explodes on impact? So stupid. It's as though the gore has superseded the need for a logical plot. I might finish the episode tomorrow, or I may never pick it up again. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I can't remember if I mentioned this here, but there is a series of three books "The Rise of The Governor," "The Road to Woodbury," and "The Fall of The Governor."

I've read the first one and I really enjoyed it. It provides an interesting back story to the Gov and Penny. I'm working on the next one right now.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Just finished reading The Fall of the Governor. Was disappointed in that much of what is covered was already in the comics.

I stay current with both the comics and the television series. They are kind of parallel alternate universes.

I liked the zombies falling through the roof. The point isn't realism, but rather to come up with new and amazing ways to present gratuitous splatter.
    (thank you, Jarid, for paying for the server space to host this post. Love, Robin)

Quote Originally Posted by 401k Ute View Post
    Just finished reading The Fall of the Governor. Was disappointed in that much of what is covered was already in the comics.
    How did you like the Road to Woodbury?

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

How did you like the Road to Woodbury?
    I liked both Rise of the Governor and Road to Woodbury because they introduced the back story on the Governor and Woodbury, and they weren't just regurgitating what was in the comics. Other than the story of Lilly, practically none of the material in Fall of the Governor was new.

And I was really irritated to learn that Fall of the Governor is two parts. Seems like a money grab by Kirkman, especially if he isn't introducing much in the way of new material.

So, are we done with the Woodbury storyline as far as the show goes, or can we expect more to come?

I enjoyed Sunday's episode a lot. The fence almost collapsing but was entertaining. Using the pigs and a ruckus to distract them while the fence was repaired was a good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    So, are we done with the Woodbury storyline as far as the show goes, or can we expect more to come?

I enjoyed Sunday's episode a lot. The fence almost collapsing but was entertaining. Using the pigs and a ruckus to distract them while the fence was repaired was a good stuff.
    Well, there will be Woodbury folks that survive and keep on with the group, and we have to think the gov is around somewhere.

There is a scene that they showed on Talking Dead for next week where they run into what one of the producer's called 7500 walkers. My guess is that they won't be able to stay at the prison long term.

The scene shown in Talking Dead was interesting. The show has followed some broad themes from the comics and the group does leave he prison. I would expect the prison to be evacuated and the 7500 walkers would be a valid reason to do so.

So far this season is off to a quick start in terms of the action and excitement with the walkers. I like that. Last season seem to have a decrease in that aspect of the show an increase in the relationship/drama aspect. Now with a 7500 Walker attack, it sounds like the paces going to keep going as/is. To Me, that's a good thing.

Pretty interesting twist this season with the flu-like disease sweeping through the group...and it at least appears that we may be losing at least one major player as a result. I am enjoying the evolution of some of these characters, particularly Carol, Darryl, and Tyrease. I do hope that they don't totally just muddle around the prison the same way they did the farm, but that may be what they're doing for a while.

Pretty interesting twist this season with the flu-like disease sweeping through the group...and it at least appears that we may be losing at least one major player as a result. I am enjoying the evolution of some of these characters, particularly Carol, Darryl, and Tyrease. I do hope that they don't totally just muddle around the prison the same way they did the farm, but that may be what they're doing for a while.
    It's really hard to tell how closely they're following the comics at this point. Andrea is still alive in the comics, and she's graveyard dead on the show. SUPER-DUPER MAJOR SPOILERS FROM THE COMICS!!!

[SPOILER]In the comics, the first time they encounter a "herd" like they did last night, they run into a group of three very important characters. It will be interesting to see if they bring in the character's of "The Dr." who knows what caused the plague, Abraham the muscle-bound ALPHAEST ALPHA MALE EVER, and his Latina girlfriend he leaves for Michonne. We'll see. If they add those three characters, they'll be leaving the prison post haste and heading for Washington DC.[/SPOILER]
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

I did not see that ending coming. what happens with carol?

I'll have more tomorrow, but for my money, one of the better episodes in a while.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

I thought it started kind of slow, but the ending was pretty intense. Rick doesn't want to lead, but then unilaterally banishes Carol. Bob cares more about finding booze than drugs to save lives. And they didn't show anything about what was happening back at the prison. Interesting set up for next week.

Do you think Rick should have banished Carol?

For those who are fans...Salt Lake Comic Con announced a second event for 2014 on Easter Weekend...featuring the Walking Dead. So far Daryl and Carl have been announced, with more to come.

I think Carol will come back to haunt Rick.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I think Carol will come back to haunt Rick.
    I keep wondering if we'll see her sync up with the Gov.

I keep wondering if we'll see her sync up with the Gov.
    I see it more like she'll get herself into a situation that will need Rick's help, and she'll get herself and a whole bunch of people killed, and Rick will shoulder that knowledge too.

The second half of this season kicked off last night. I don't suspect we'll see a huge movement in the overall story arc over the next 7 episodes. Obviously we will eventually be introduced to the next villian/threat at some point, but it seems like we'll see how the individuals handle being scattered and ultimately how they all find their way back to eachother. I thought there were some really well acted moments between Rick and Carl and the father-son dynamic there. I also like that we are seeing more of the back story of Machonne.

This past week got things moving a little bit here with us seeing where the rest of the characters landed. You can see where it is going a little bit as they all seem to be heading in the same direction, and we get some new characters introduced with Abraham Ford showing up and his whole crew. It should make for an interesting dynamic for the rest of the season. I've read that we should not just automatically assume that he is a bad guy.

That scene with Lizzie and Judith was damn disturbing.