Thread: Boyd K Packer

Boyd K Packer

He seems nice.

just testing to see if the echo chamber regarding BKP is the same here. This thread is TIC by the way

It is almost a tie between 'I hope he becomes the prophet' and 'he can't die soon enough', but I am leaning toward 'just let the poor man become an emeritus or something'.

He gave a nice talk in 1992.

Has developed a very distinctive voice in the past few years. I keep expecting I'm to talk about French fried taters with mustard, mmm hmm.

That character would certainly fit into his 'beat up your gay mission companion' talk.

Every time I hear Boyd K Packer's voice I think of that youyh video about how dirty thoughts are like actors on the stage. So, each April and October, despite what he is talking about, all I ever hear is "your words and thoughts are like actors on the stage, yada yada yada."

Quote Originally Posted by Pheidippides View Post
    Will. Not. Bite.
    That's what she said.

Boom! I've got the first "That's what she said" of the new site. I promise, it will also be my last.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaute View Post
    He seems nice.
    He is a friend of the family. Well the older folks in the family most of whom are no longer here. He spoke at my grandma's funeral. Like most of the older folks in my family he is or at least was a democrat. It was a Box Elder County thing way back then.

He's so old that I wouldn't expect him to wield much influence if he outlives President Monson. It would add a higher level of prophetic credibility to some of the hardliner statements he has made in the past. That can't help move the Church in the direction it seems to be headed.

Elder Packer is as good as it gets. He's very kind and down to earth. The real deal. My mother was Elder Nelson's secretary for 15 years, and always spoke highly of him.

When my wife and I were dating, we attended his home ward. He would show up probably once a month, or so. Super nice guy, even though I don't necessarily always agree with his approach and tone. I ran into him alone in the hallway once and despite the fact that I'm 6'6" and he hasn't been able to stand up straight since the late 90's, he was somehow able to make eye contact with me during our quick salutations. That always seemed like some sort of sorcery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
    Like most of the older folks in my family he is or at least was a democrat. It was a Box Elder County thing way back then.
    He is a registered republican now. The sltrib did an article on this after the election. Only three of the big 15 are not registered republicans.

I like Packer. Right or wrong he brings the wood. He is not afraid to say what he means. I respect him for that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2