Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you ride?

Hybrid View

Thanks for the compliment. I have completed a triathlon and I have not taught a spin class in oer a month but I do love to ride bicycles. I would love it if you would start by riding your bike the 6 miles to work. I know it is up hill both ways but you have strong legs and would save us $5 a day in parking. Health, money, fun......what more do you need to motivate you .

I ride a Motobecane mtn bike. Actually getting ready to pull it out of the basement to ride to work.. But I may need to wait another month.. But I am excited to pull it back out...

42-639x421.jpg

http://kelsonbikes.com/

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...de-show_275638

Brian Williams, a riding buddy from Ashton, makes custom TI and carbon bikes under the Kelson name. This is a picture from the NAHBS show this past week in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    42-639x421.jpg

Brian Williams, a riding buddy from Ashton, makes custom TI and carbon bikes under the Kelson name. This is a picture from the NAHBS show this past week in Denver.
    Welcome, RC. I hope you drop by on occasion to share your biking exploits.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    42-639x421.jpg

:drooling:

Blue Goose just won this thread.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    :drooling:

Blue Goose just won this thread.
    I just saw this thread. Thanks for the award, chrisrenrut, but I haven't posted my ride yet. I've got a picture of my bike on my office computer.

I ride a Giant TCR limited. Its a carbon frame with shimano ultegra components. Compact chain ring with a wacky 50/36 combo. I changed out the rear cassette for a 12/27 to handle some of the big boy climbs that I've had to do, and have been too lazy to change it back to the standard 11/25.

I think it was the 2006 frame. It's got a purdy black and white paint job and is still in great shape, despite a poor maintenance schedule by me and about 4,000 miles per year since I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    I just saw this thread. Thanks for the award, chrisrenrut, but I haven't posted my ride yet. I've got a picture of my bike on my office computer.

I ride a Giant TCR limited. Its a carbon frame with shimano ultegra components. Compact chain ring with a wacky 50/36 combo. I changed out the rear cassette for a 12/27 to handle some of the big boy climbs that I've had to do, and have been too lazy to change it back to the standard 11/25.

I think it was the 2006 frame. It's got a purdy black and white paint job and is still in great shape, despite a poor maintenance schedule by me and about 4,000 miles per year since I got it.
    I'm not sure how I mixed up Blue Goose with RC Vikings.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    This probably should have been used as its own thread.

Felony manslaughter sounds pretty harsh, but it sounds like he was being very reckless. Running two red lights and a stop sign leading up to the collision pretty much tell you all you need to know. I would have no problem with the charges if the guy was in a vehicle, so why should I feel different because he was on a bike?

I get really tired of the cycling mentality where no rules apply to them. Red lights become brake checks, stop signs even less. It makes those of us on the road trying to demand some respect from motorists all the more difficult. I've been involved in road rage incidents that I know had very little to do with how I was riding.

Around the corner from my house is a four way stop coming out of a canyon and I would say that, at best, half of the cyclists that go through the intersection without touching their brakes. Which I couldn't care less if I haven't already been waiting at a stop 5 seconds before they go flying through. If I were in the business of killing cyclists to prove a point, I'd be a busy man.

Then there's the large group rides of 50+ riders that consider themselves a single entity no matter how much space there is between themselves and the bike in front of them.

I don't really know why I'm ranting this morning. In fairness of full disclosure, I used to be the exact guy discribed above. But it was stupid and dangerous. Now that I'm not 20 any more, I can see that. It confuses me when 50 year old guys don't.

Anybody thinking of getting one of these?

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/des...-bicycle/4954/

Three flats in one ride = a bad day on the bike. First flat was my back tire about 2 blocks from my house. Second flat was on my front tire about 15 miles out from my house. Third flat was on my back tire about 10 miles away from returning home. I had enough for 2 flats, but not 3. Had to make the call of shame to my wife to pick me up.

I don't think I've ever got more than 2 flats in single 1 hour-ish ride ever.

I think my bulk discount tube purchase from chainlove.com may have been a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Three flats in one ride = a bad day on the bike. First flat was my back tire about 2 blocks from my house. Second flat was on my front tire about 15 miles out from my house. Third flat was on my back tire about 10 miles away from returning home. I had enough for 2 flats, but not 3. Had to make the call of shame to my wife to pick me up.

I don't think I've ever got more than 2 flats in single 1 hour-ish ride ever.

I think my bulk discount tube purchase from chainlove.com may have been a mistake.
    Sorry. That is a very crappy ride. My record is two. Both on the front. I missed the glass embedded in the tire the first time. It took inverting the tire to actually find it.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

That looks like a blast. Perfect time of year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One friend had to leave sunday, and he was the weaker rider. So Sunday and Monday, we rode a bit harder.
    Sundey was and afternoon ride on the Barrel Roll/Sidewinder trails in Santa Clara. Rocky trails, but more traditional in that you go up then come down. The pictures are from the top looking west.
    54CFD657-FA74-4E26-BC6F-477F4D2940EA.jpg
    6D1622FC-2CBB-4936-B1C5-134E6760246E.jpg

today wa the last day, and my 4th day riding I a row. My legs and butt were very sore when I woke up, and I knew this early in the season I am not in the best shape yet. So of course, we chose the longest, harvest trail we could find. Just outside of Virgin, we did a loop out of the Hurricane Rim, Gould’s Rim, and JEM trails. 25 miles total, 2300 vertices feet, and a mix of rocky/technical from the first 8 miles Hurricane Rim) and dirt road and single track with some sustained climbing until Mile 19 (Gould’s) , then fast and fun single track (JEM trail) for the last 6 miles. I nearly gave up at about mile 18, but am glad I pushed through, because the downhill was as much fun as I ever had on a mountain bike.

The 4.5 mile drive back to Centerville was a nice rest. I expect leg cramps tonight. Each trail was so different, but each had a good mixture of fun and challenge, and incredible scenery. My friends and I talked about how if we didn’t mountain bike, we likely would never see or experience these places.

7C9A0F0D-F78D-4ADD-A0A0-5DEBD181DDD0.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images