Thread: Utah vs Kansas

Utah vs Kansas

So I have been slacking lately. Utah went 1-2 last weekend in Washington. Both losses were very winnable games, but the offense just couldn't get a single clutch hit.

Yesterday vs Kansas, Wattrous threw a gem. Complete game 2 hit shut out. The offense finally got one in the bottom of the ninth off of Kansas' closer to win it 1-0. We have lost too many of those games this year, so it was good to see them come through for Mitch.

Game today is at 6:30.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Just tuned in, Utes with the bases loaded, 1-out, 2-2 B3.

Utes score 3 in the B3, lead 5-2.

Dalton with a 1-2-3 4th inning.

Anderson with an RBI double, Utes lead 6-2, B4.

Hunt follows up Anderson's double with an RBI triple, 1-out B4, 7-2 for the Utes.

Utes aren't done, Nielsen with an RBI single, advances to 3rd on an error. 9-2 B4 1-out.

Where has this offense been all year
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Helton Ks, Armijo GO 5-3 to end the inning. Utes score 4 in the 4th to extend lead to 9-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Where has this offense been all year
    I guess they need to play more games in inclement weather.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Dalton with another 1-2-3 inning, retired 6 in a row.

Anderson with another RBI, is 3-4 today Utes lead 10-2.

Carroll gives up a 1-out walk and then retires next 2 batters. Carroll has pitched 5 shutout innings since giving up 2 unearned runs in the 1st.

I like this Carroll kid, for a freshman he doesn't seem to get rattled that easy.

Carroll gives up his 1st hit since the 3rd, a 1-out triple.

That will be it for Carroll gives up a run on a E1 throw to first, runner on 3rd scored.

Carroll's line 6.1ip, 4h, 3r, 0er, 1bb, 5Ks

Chapman on to pitch.

Anderson with the RBI, 2nd 4 hit game of the year for Anderson. Utes lead 12-3.

Bennett with his 2nd error of the night, should of ended the inning. That is 5 total errors for the Utes.

Utes win it, 13-6.

One more win to get to 20 on the season. I think overall the record is going to be a disappointment for the team, in the sense that they were right there for a win, so many times, but just couldn't break through. The development for next year was phenomenal, though. After next weekends series, i will give a breakdown for next season.
    André Gide

Utah sweeps the Jayhawks on Cory Hunt's bases loaded walk-off single in the bottom of the 13th. Utes win it 7-6.