Hi everybody. Just wanted to give an update on why I've been missing in action lately. We bought a new house with a pool and a larger yard. Because the previous owner owned cats, we have spent the last month ripping out flooring, installing new flooring, painting, and doing some yard work.

It literally took the whole month to get rid of the cat smell. The urine smell in some of the carpets was so bad that even the tackboards were moist and smelly when we pulled them up.

We have put Pergo floors in all the bedrooms, painted them, and spent this weekend moving in. The rest of the house already had Pergo floors, so we left those alone. That will need to be replaced at some point in time.

All I have left is to paint the floorboards. They are in and sanded and caulked. I just needed to move in this weekend so I couldn't finish.

At any rate here's a new thread to discuss home improvements.

We have a large empty closet that we are thinking of what we want to do with it. It is a reach in closet, about 101 inches wide. I took the mirrored bypass doors out, so it's completely open now. I've been looking at some shelving units online but might want to do something more creative like building a tv hutch in part of it then having the rest be a closet with some shelving.

Here are some pics.

Before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369627925.854891.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369627956.385668.jpg

Before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369627979.985611.jpg

AfterImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369627997.798544.jpg

The furniture is the previous owners. I forgot to take actual before or progress pics.