Thread: I've found the promised land here at Utah By 5

I've found the promised land here at Utah By 5

I knew about it, but Concerned told me how superior it is to UTEFANS

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    I knew about it, but Concerned told me how superior it is to UTEFANS
    Took you long enough. I have been working on Pangloss too, but no luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    We should get UtahFanSir over here too. Among others.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Everything is black and white to Pangloss. He is the most predictable political poster I have ever run across, including you.

lurking a bit, old habits are hard to bend

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    O frabjous day! Stick around! I need other guys around here of my, um vintage. You're made for this place.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    Everything is black and white to Pangloss. He is the most predictable political poster I have ever run across, including you.
    Interesting. While Pangloss is pretty liberal, he has always struck me as being more willing to look past the party line and actually critique partisan dogma. That said, I've avoided most political stuff on UF.N lately.
    Last edited by Scratch; 05-27-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Interesting. While Pangloss is pretty liberal, he has always struck me as being more willing to look past the party line when the party line and actually critique partisan dogma. That said, I've avoided most political stuff on UF.N lately.
    Back in the day Pangloss and I had our share of set-to's, but we remain friends. Heck, there's one guy on this board I've been arguing with about politics for...well, since high school. It's all good.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I think my post might have pushed Pangloss over the edge to join. I'm glad I could contribute to this fine site.

Welcome, Irwin Washington!

IW always makes me wish I'd chosen a more creative moniker. Like Dickens Charles.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    IW always makes me wish I'd chosen a more creative moniker. Like Dickens Charles.
    Gross!

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    I think my post might have pushed Pangloss over the edge to join. I'm glad I could contribute to this fine site.
    Don't flatter yourself, you highly predictable poster. There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Last edited by concerned; 05-28-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Gross!
    OK, maybe Wolfe Thomas?

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    You need an obscure character from Dickens.

Don't flatter yourself, you highly predictable poster. There is more to heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your philosophy.
    I was actually joking about you being predictable. But, predictability is often a very good quality--especially in judges.

You need an obscure character from Dickens.
    I've always wanted to do something with the name Wackford Squeers, but he's not obscure enough. I did consider Arthur Clennam once.

--Yeats