Thread: I hope this category has more thoughtful messages than you find on UTEFANS

I hope this category has more thoughtful messages than you find on UTEFANS

I had to "unchoose" that category.

I support spite. I'm in!
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    I had to "unchoose" that category.
    I think you'll find the volume level here lower and the level of mutual respect much higher.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I don't think that's really fair. Where there is an internet, there will be some snippiness and name calling - it happens here as well as anywhere else. Utefans is a great site. Just as much good/bad conversation there as anywhere.
    I've been posting on Utefans for a long, long time and did not mean that as a slight to the board generally. It's just a different place, and I don't enjoy political discussion there at all. (Caveat: I unchecked that UF.net category in 2008 and haven't really paid much attention since.) I still enjoy that board but it seems more oriented to Ute fans who are at least 20 years younger than I am, on average.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I don't think that's really fair. Where there is an internet, there will be some snippiness and name calling - it happens here as well as anywhere else. Utefans is a great site. Just as much good/bad conversation there as anywhere.
    You will find that anywhere, but the two sites are not similar other than they're both dedicated to the Utes...as someone who was on Utefans long before it was Utefans