Thread: The DHS

The DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has been a waste of money from the start - curse you Bush - but when did it start calling itself a police department?

"Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Quote Originally Posted by GarthUte View Post
    The Department of Homeland Security has been a waste of money from the start - curse you Bush - but when did it start calling itself a police department?

I think the Federal Protective Service has been around a long time. They're just part of the DHS now. I am a little nervous about all those security-type agencies being under one giant bureaucratic roof.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by GarthUte View Post

It's nothing new, just falls under the DHS umbrella now instead of being under ICE. It's been a law enforcement agency since the 70's.

They have relatively few officers, most duties are contracted (about 900 actual law enforcement officers in the nation under FPS)

I thought this thread was going to be about Davis High Darts, the school that so boldly stole Wyoming's colors.

Attachment 578
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.