Thread: Can we discuss the design of the site?

Can we discuss the design of the site?

For the first post in this forum may I ask if we can address the colour scheme of the site! The red is garish. It's a great colour on the field or court, as a jersey. But, here, it should be used as an accent. Here's a good style guide. The executive could emulate the U marketing site colour scheme:

http://umc.utah.edu/branding/visual-style

I would replace the red site background colour with the grey: PMS 424 or #808080
    Last edited by tooblue; 02-20-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Thanks for the feedback, Tooblue. I am planning to make a softer template for folks to choose once I can get some of the small fires put out.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

OK. I would be happy to standardize each of the forum header images for you ... make them the same size: height and width, if you need it.

Tooblue, I think you've been in Canada too long. You keep misspelling "color" as "colour."

Seriously, thanks for being willing to help with the site. And welcome!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I'm all for y'all having a red themed site. Makes all the sense in the world. Just not such a bright red. It's the equivalent of a BYU site themed with the old Royal Blue. It would be just too much.

I've said this before, but I think a white or the gray in the link above would be real classy.

I do love all the pictures at the top though. Looks very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I do love all the pictures at the top though. Looks very classy.
    Agreed. I like the rotating pics, not jus the same one all the time.

I tried to spell it the American way but, my key board is set to international english and my auto correct is turned on. I'll just have live with the 'u.' Besides, it sounds more sophisticated that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    I tried to spell it the American way but, my key board is set to international english and my auto correct is turned on. I'll just have live with the 'u.' Besides, it sounds more sophisticated that way.
    OK. I hadn't realised the international keyboard worked that way.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell