Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am at the Carmike Cinemas at Hollywood Connection...

I am at the Carmike Cinemas at Hollywood Connection...

I am in auditorium 9. There are 302 seats in this auditorium.

I am here to see The Internship.

I am the only person in this auditorium.

This does not bode well.

Kevin Costner is in the new Superman movie. I hope we get to see his nether regions in this one.

And here's Jennifer Aniston as a stripper. So her career has really taken off.

Quote Originally Posted by Senioritis View Post
    Kevin Costner is in the new Superman movie. I hope we get to see his nether regions in this one.
    He plays Jonathan Kent. Not likely. A creepy thought, now that I am forced to think about it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I would like to say that her performance as a stripper became much more convincing the further we got into the preview.

And here's a movie with both Taylor Lautner and Shaq. It's like opposite ends of the ab scale. Like Jiggy Watkins and Kim Tillie.

RIPD looks like a sequel to True Grit. I didn't think it needed a sequel, but whatevs.

This is the sixth preview. So far, the Aniston stripper movie looks like the best.

Still alone.

Go time. First look at Owen Wilson. He looks like Ellen Degeneres.

Or maybe it's Martin Short, if Martin's nose had been visciously attacked by a Rottweiler.

From behind, though, he looks like Markie Post. This is totally mesmerizing.

WILL FARRELL!!

All of the sudden, this is the best movie I've ever seen.

Will's character has a Sanskrit neck tattoo that says "Make Reasonable Choices."

This movie is totally worth it, no matter what happens from here on out.

Somehow this just became an infomercial for employment at Google. No, I am not making this up.

Does Google not know about Monster.com? Why the need for an infomercial?

I should have known to not go to a movie in West Valley. I'll bet somebody is lighting my car on fire in the parking lot right now.

Wish I was watching.

One question, is the movie worth the admission price? When I saw the previews for the movie I immediately thought "I'll wait for the DVD".

I have no words for this. It is a vortex of suck. A dark, dark abyss of hopelessness and fear. Even Will Ferrell's neck tattoo is but a shadow of a distant memory.

I have no words for this. It is a vortex of suck. A dark, dark abyss of hopelessness and fear. Even Will Ferrell's neck tattoo is but a shadow of a distant memory.
    So... I guess I'll wait for the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    One question, is the movie worth the admission price? When I saw the previews for the movie I immediately thought "I'll wait for the DVD".
    I think I'll wait until I am home from work alone, sick and desperately bored, and this movie comes up on a free cable channel that might offer entertaining commercials.

I can't stand Will Ferrell.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

The only thing that could make this worse would be Kevin Costner's backside.

At least you can ride the kiddie coaster when you're free from your prison

Yay! They got jobs a Google! They are super googly!

Who gives a shiznits?!?!?

I'm jealous of the other 301 people who have been doing something else.

I'm jealous of the other 301 people who have been doing something else.
    You're not supposed to have your phone on while you're in the movie.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    You're not supposed to have your phone on while you're in the movie.
    It sounds like he wasn't going to distract anyone, so.........

I am in auditorium 9. There are 302 seats in this auditorium.

I am here to see The Internship.

I am the only person in this auditorium.

This does not bode well.
    It's clear our pal Senioritis has run afoul of some vary dangerous people as he is clearly hiding out in the last place that anyone would expect to find "a grown-ass man" (his words, not mine) who has control of all of his faculties and is not closely related to Mr. Wilson or Mr. Vaughn.

Either that or he believes in self-punishment and has misplaced his DVDs of Utah basketball from 2006-2012. Of course, the person to seat ratio in that theater does seem to resemble the Huntsman Center lately (as in the last decade).

Hang in there, Senioritis. We can help you out of this but you have to do exactly as we say....oh, Burn Notice season 6 just arrived in the mail. Nevermind, Sen, you're on your own.

Sweet Jesus! No wife? No "I went to the chick flick for sex" trade off? You are truly a tortured artist.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Yay! They got jobs a Google! They are super googly!

Who gives a shiznits?!?!?
    Come on! No spoiler alert?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.