Thread: Nba draft 2013

Nba draft 2013

The year the Jazz get another guy.

rumor is they are trying to trade up to get Lehigh's C.J. McCollum,

This is a risky draft to trade up. There is not much top-shelf talent, but there is a lot of depth. If you trade, say 14 and 21 for McCollum (at 7), you risk those two players you gave away being just as good or better.

4 picks in and we are already off the rails

I like to see what the teams think they need to be successful

Burke to the JAZZ =a + for the jazz

I like the Burke trade (disregard my discussion of 2 for 1 above). I still can't believe the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I like the Burke trade (disregard my discussion of 2 for 1 above). I still can't believe the Cavs.
    when you first posted that, you didn't expect Burke to be available.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Why are drafts so fun to watch? I don't even watch NBA games, but I'm watching the NBA draft.
    I got a kick out of all the people booing Stern every time he went to mic. It made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I got a kick out of all the people booing Stern every time he went to mic. It made me laugh.
    I loved that and the fact that they cheered for Stern on the last pick and then turned around and started booing Silver as soon as he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I attended the 2004 NBA Draft at Madison Square Garden. It was one of the greatest sporting events of my life. It was the draft in which the Jazz snagged Kris Humphries-Kardashian and Capt. Kirk Snyder right before and after Al Jefferson. It was also the draft in which Rafael Araujo was selected 45 picks prematurely.

The atmosphere is amazing at the draft. It's just a bunch of NBA diehards, drunk Knicks fans, and a sprinkling of ex-NBA talent. Some of my top memories from that night:

- The booing of Stern. When you are there, you realize it really is a sign of affection.
    - A Sonics fan wearing a jersey and going absolutely bananas (in a good way) when his team drafted Robert Swift.
    - Manute Bol randomly walking thru the crowd after the 12th pick.
    - The crowd rallying behind Jameer Nelson (I think he was the last player on stage)
    - The enthusiasm of the Knicks fans, even though they didn't have a pick that year (thanks, Isaiah!)

All in all, it was a great experience. If you are ever in NY during June, I highly recommend attending.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaute View Post
    Jazz did well.
    About as well as any draft in the last 10-20 years.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

I absolutely love that the jazz landed trey burke. He is going to do well here.

was this Dennis Lindseys first driving solo or did they work together. They made some good moves.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Agree. My only criticism is nitpicky considering. I like that they traded back into the end of the 1st round, but why draft the skinny French stiff? Why not get a shooter like Crabbe? Or an upside pick like Ledo?
    He is the opposite of a stiff - he's a weakling. If he can put on some muscle (huge if, see Ante Tomic), he could be a great pickup. He's a high risk/reward pick, whereas Crabbe et al. are low ceiling guys. I don't mind rolling the dice late with what amounted to a second round pick and some of the Miller Family's money.

so the count for deron Williams is favors, burke, kanter and no more headache of Williams trying to run the team. O conner started off this train and Lindsey is picking up steam.

Lindsey is making this a very interesting off season. He is doing well.