Thread: The Utah Basketball Rebuild Project Thread: 2013 and after

Hybrid View

Okay, so does anyone know of any potential recruits the Utes may still sign this year? Seymour's departure opens up one schollie and I've heard rumors there may be one more. I hope there is an athletic PF out there somewhere that can rebound and play defense. Utah got killed on the boards in PAC-12 play and needs to get bigger and longer fast if they are going to continue to improve the win total next year.

As far as 2014 goes, does anyone have any inside information on where Brekkot Chapman ends up? He would go a long ways to filling a big need and getting the program back to where it has been traditionally.

I hadn't heard of the Seymour transfer until now. Hopefully there isn't more of that going on

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Utefan View Post
    Okay, so does anyone know of any potential recruits the Utes may still sign this year? Seymour's departure opens up one schollie and I've heard rumors there may be one more. I hope there is an athletic PF out there somewhere that can rebound and play defense. Utah got killed on the boards in PAC-12 play and needs to get bigger and longer fast if they are going to continue to improve the win total next year.

As far as 2014 goes, does anyone have any inside information on where Brekkot Chapman ends up? He would go a long ways to filling a big need and getting the program back to where it has been traditionally.
    As far as chapman goes, here is what we do know: Both of his parents are big Ute supporters. We are for sure his top choice in-state. However, he has stated that he wants to play somewhere warm. I think it will come down to us, arizona, and ucla, with gonzaga as a long shot. BYU fans will tell you that he is a lock for them because he has committed to playing with dalton nixon. this is bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    As far as chapman goes, here is what we do know: Both of his parents are big Ute supporters. We are for sure his top choice in-state. However, he has stated that he wants to play somewhere warm. I think it will come down to us, arizona, and ucla, with gonzaga as a long shot. BYU fans will tell you that he is a lock for them because he has committed to playing with dalton nixon. this is bunk.
    Utah is warm. It gets over 100 degrees.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Utah is warm. It gets over 100 degrees.
    thats my hope.