I think we need a thread for watching/analyzing the process of rebuilding Ute basketball. I know the subject is painful and emotional, that as a result various message boards and blogs are littered with lively comments all over the map on this subject, and that the discussion can be bitter and divisive.

I find the subject so sad that I'd like to start a discussion that looks forward, and that simply accepts Tommy Connor's statement that the 2012-13 season is really Year One of the rebuild. Rather than talking about hiring mistakes, debatable decisions, and what might have been, this thread is for taking about what is.

My own humble take right now is that Krysko has shown he is a very good, maybe even excellent, X's and 0's coach, than he can develop players, and that he runs a tight, disciplined ship. He's also a coolly cerebral type of coach -- no drama. What he hasn't shown yet is that he can recruit. I think he can, but it's too early to say. He still has to overcome the chicken and egg problem for a coach taking over a program in turmoil: it's hard to win without good players, and it's hard to get good players without winning. Loveridge was his first big get and that is beginning to pay off. He needs the next big get now. It would be great if Chapman were that big one, but if not, Larry's got to find another somewhere.

Thoughts?