Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    For Hot Lunch and concerned: Just in time for a Christmas hint to your wives and kids.

Attachment 2025
    I totally need that. Just showed this to my wife. Perfect stalking stuffer

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    I totally need that. Just showed this to my wife. Perfect stalking stuffer
    Until opening day, I am still a life long Cubs fan.

WATCH: Dodgers' Corey Seager hits MLB's longest HR of 2017

And he did it against the Western Bay Area Franchise.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Dodgers ad Yu Darvish today. Woof.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Walk-off homer! I’m telling you, the Boys in Blue are on their way!!
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-15-2017 at 11:22 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by la ute View Post
    walk-off homer! I’m telling you, the boys in blue are on their way!!
    booooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A former Ute player is in the Dodgers organization. Lucky kid.

Dodgers prospect Riley Otteson benefits from two-year mission to Japan

http://www.mlive.com/loons/index.ssf...y_otteson.html

--Yeats

--Yeats

Typical Giants fan condones cheating.

--Yeats

NLCS tonight!

--Yeats

NLCS tonight!

So is that a little sushi and tofu in the styrofoam container?

NLCS tonight!
    Quite a game you're watching. What a catch in right in the 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Quite a game you're watching. What a catch in right in the 10th.
    Bellinger is the best athlete on the team.

Have the TV commentators said how many strikeouts each team has? Must be a lot. Dodgers batters have been behind in the pitch count all game long.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    So is that a little sushi and tofu in the styrofoam container?
    Dodger Dogs are everywhere, Yankees fanboy.

--Yeats

Bellinger is the best athlete on the team.

Have the TV commentators said how many strikeouts each team has? Must be a lot. Dodgers batters have been behind in the pitch count all game long.
    Through 12, Dodger pitchers have 14, Brewers have 17.

Dodgers players celebrating in the outfield.

--Yeats

Despite disappointment, Dodgers look forward to what’s ahead

https://dodgers.mlblogs.com/despite-...d-d693c9edc494

--Yeats

Dodgers get better of blockbuster deal simply by getting rid of Yasiel Puig

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...221-story.html

I think Plaschke is right.

--Yeats

This only happens in early April, so I need to enjoy it when it happens. Padres sit atop NL West after wild win at Arizona

Los Dodyers took 2 of 3 from Los Padres, like they usually do, but a walk-off grand salami to win game 3 was beautiful.

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

I watched the Dodgers beat the Yankees yesterday in a tight pitchers’ duel. It was a fine battle between the two teams with the best records in baseball. The “players‘ weekend“ uniforms were ugly as sin, however. Also, the players went by their nicknames, even on the scoreboard, so it was not clear most of the time who was at bat, unless you happened to be able to recognize a player from a distance and know his nickname. That was especially the case with the Yankees players, whom we didn’t know.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 08-25-2019 at 07:46 PM.

--Yeats

I watched the Dodgers beat the Yankees yesterday in a tight pitchers’ duel. It was a fine battle between the two teams with the best records in baseball. The “players‘ weekend“ uniforms were ugly as sin, however. Also, the players went by their nicknames, even on the scoreboard, so it was not clear most of the time who was at bat, unless you happened to be able to recognize a player from a distance and know his nickname. That was especially the case with the Yankees players, whom we didn’t know.
    At least you saw the one game you'd enjoy. Gotta like the Yankees, what with all the injuries and replacements that are playing like All Stars, like Cameron Maybin and Gio Urshela.

What happened to the Dodgers?

Nats baby!!!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Nats baby!!!
    I agree--it was the Nats.

It was a shocking finale, an epic loss. I think there will be changes, but who knows? I also think that if Kershaw stays with the team he needs to get some intensive therapy to overcome his tendency to choke in the post-season. I'm serious. He is a great pitcher and still young enough to get past the stigma of post-season goat.

Still, a juggernaut like the Dodgers succumbing in the first round sent a shock wave across the industry. Teams like the Dodgers, who won a franchise record 106 games in 2019, rarely lose this quickly. Since the introduction of the wild card in 1995 through 2018, six teams finished the regular season with 104 wins or more. All of them survived the division series. (The Houston Astros would join the Dodgers in ignominy if they lose to the Tampa Bay Rays in their Game 5 on Thursday night.)As the Dodgers fade into a winter of reckoning, they must deal with this reality. Only two teams in history have put together postseason appearance streaks longer than the Dodgers’ current run of seven: the Atlanta Braves and the New York Yankees of the 1990s and 2000s. Unlike the Dodgers, both of those organizations took home rings. The Yankees won four championships in five years from 1996 through 2000. The Braves managed only one title, in 1995—a disappointment, but still one more than these Dodgers, who last won the World Series in 1988.

Maybe the Dodgers will still claim their long-awaited prize eventually, but they could look different in 2020. Nearly all of Roberts’s major decisions backfired Wednesday. It might cost him his job. At the same time, it seems difficult to improve the Dodgers. Every year, they establish themselves as arguably the best team in baseball. Every year, they lose too soon.

In 2019, they lost sooner than anybody imagined.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/another-season-ends-in-devastating-fashion-for-the-los-angeles-dodgers-11570707854?emailToken=318de763bc2c9dc296ed61c456c 17c359wPk6aTMuYNqqRDj2zGug4InvNzdOB8v6hiKKOtEXTavy q0JXYeTMhz1AbqReDYH323sJNvKOnflUIjAbeKgF7+E3+SBiUM FD7VEvJtP3PCPUHb0/LQ6taqK1ENGT9tyl7wiEofXtf9bWAOSMac+wg%3D%3D&reflin k=article_gmail_share
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-10-2019 at 04:03 PM.

--Yeats

I know there are Ub5ers who don't like the Dodgers (sorry, guys, I don't care what you think about this) but for those of us like me, who are long-time fans, this article raises some uncomfortable questions and points to some really disturbing facts:

Dodgers Dugout: There’s a whole list of people to blame

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...VXpE-H79HnQZQc

--Yeats

I know there are Ub5ers who don't like the Dodgers (sorry, guys, I don't care what you think about this) but for those of us like me, who are long-time fans, this article raises some uncomfortable questions and points to some really disturbing facts:

Dodgers Dugout: There’s a whole list of people to blame

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...VXpE-H79HnQZQc

Wow. I knew Kershaw was horrible in the postseason, but I had never really focused on how horrible Bellinger was this year and in the past.

P.s. I take some consolation in the article's statement that Kershaw is not Koufax. I assume that debate is now settled for good, it it wasnt already.