Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

The Dodgers need their thread in this place. I don't care if it is just LA Ute and I posting in it. We need to dedicate a thread for the 2013 World Series Champions. It is going to be a great year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    The Dodgers need their thread in this place. I don't care if it is just LA Ute and I posting in it. We need to dedicate a thread for the 2013 World Series Champions. It is going to be a great year.
    It should be! The payroll went from $95 million or so to over $200 million. I'm pretty excited.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I can get behind this topic!

The Dodgers seem to be a team that is spending money just to spend money. It's crazy what to think about this ownership group and the moves they are making. Some seem so smart, and other just ridiculously dumb (like bidding 2 Billion when the next closest offer wasn't even at a billion yet, and then giving the parking revenue to the old owner, when parking revenue is just pure profit).

I'm not sure if they are the Steinbrenner's Yankee's or Isaiah's Knicks.

Yasiel Puig, this is a name to watch during spring for the boys in blue. I am extremely interested in his development. He is a huge talent with a huge bat. MPfunk will confirm, Andre Eithier can't hit lefties. He is what he is. Puig is the reason for all the trade talk of Andre during the off-season.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...7913421.column

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    The Dodgers seem to be a team that is spending money just to spend money. It's crazy what to think about this ownership group and the moves they are making. Some seem so smart, and other just ridiculously dumb (like bidding 2 Billion when the next closest offer wasn't even at a billion yet, and then giving the parking revenue to the old owner, when parking revenue is just pure profit).

I'm not sure if they are the Steinbrenner's Yankee's or Isaiah's Knicks.

We will find out this year. So many question marks for this years team. The money they have spent this year is mind blowing. That being said, as a Dodger fan, I am so excited for baseball this year. I haven't been able to say that for awhile.

I will go on the record that I no longer hate the Dodgers. I still think Ned Coletti is a dumb ass, but that doesn't mean that I dislike the franchise.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Yasiel Puig, this is a name to watch during spring for the boys in blue. I am extremely interested in his development. He is a huge talent with a huge bat. MPfunk will confirm, Andre Eithier can't hit lefties. He is what he is. Puig is the reason for all the trade talk of Andre during the off-season.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...7913421.column
    Either is certainly a valuable player, but he really is most valuable in a platoon. He crushes right handed pitching, but he can't hit lefties. If you get a guy to platoon with him that can hit lefties, that is a lights out combo.

I actually am kind of pulling for the Dodgers to be successful this year. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Give us San Jose you Giant bastards.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

We will find out this year. So many question marks for this years team. The money they have spent this year is mind blowing. That being said, as a Dodger fan, I am so excited for baseball this year. I haven't been able to say that for awhile.
    Same with me. I keep telling myself, "These guys know what they're doing, they know how to succeed in major league baseball. This will work out." Keep repeating that to yourself. It helps me.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Same with me. I keep telling myself, "These guys know what they're doing, they know how to succeed in major league baseball. This will work out." Keep repeating that to yourself. It helps me.
    I hate to be a buzzkill, but you do still have Ned Coletti as your GM.
    --fjm.com

point taken

However, I still have high hopes.
    Last edited by happyone; 02-22-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    point taken

However, I still have high hopes.
    Welcome happyone, I didn't see that you had signed up until just now.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

They should be able to have a pretty good starting pitching rotation. What with all the starters they've signed

How about a thread for the CURRENT Champions!!! Go Giants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Welcome happyone, I didn't see that you had signed up until just now.
    Ditto here. Welcome!

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Going Yard View Post
    How about a thread for the CURRENT Champions!!! Go Giants!!!
    Get one going!
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

They should be able to have a pretty good starting pitching rotation. What with all the starters they've signed
    I hope this means you are going to post in our literature section from time to time. You have referred many of us to some good reads over the last few years.

Giants talk is not allowed in this thread unless they are getting it handed to them by the Dodgers.

Ditto here. Welcome!
    Thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    I hope this means you are going to post in our literature section from time to time. You have referred many of us to some good reads over the last few years.
    I plan to - I'm glad somebody paid attention to what I posted

I plan to - I'm glad somebody paid attention to what I posted
    you were the sage of that thread.

Giants talk is not allowed in this thread unless they are getting it handed to them by the Dodgers.
    I may not be a Dodgers fan, but I can agree with the Dodger fans that the Giants are pure evil.
    --fjm.com

What is Mike Piazza thinking?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...0,644857.story

This is just dumb.

It should be! The payroll went from $95 million or so to over $200 million. I'm pretty excited.
    Here is a breakdown on the Dodger Payroll for the last couple years and projected into the future

http://www.truebluela.com/2010/11/30...roll-worksheet

I will just go on record to state that I am a Padres fan and hate the Dodgers. My oldest daughter learned two sayings growing up: Yea Padres boo Dodgers and yea Utah boo byu. I know the Padres blow and that they will be lucky to win 80 games, but they are my team. So on those occasion when they do beat the Dodgers I will let you know.

Puig is killing it this spring. It is going to be interesting to see how he is handled.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...ues-to-impress

Puig has been doing as much damage as any Dodger hitter this spring. He lined a three-run home run to left field off Cleveland Indians pitcher Fernando Nieve in the Dodgers' 5-1 win Sunday. Puig is batting .421 with four extra-base hits, more than any Dodger hitter other than Luis Cruz.

Pug is hitting .500 this spring. Don't screw this up Donny baseball.

If Puig can continue into the season - and Kemp gets his swing strightened out - they might just might score some runs this year.

Looks like Kershaw is coming around and Grenke doesn't have any sturctual damage to his elbow - I think I can get my Dodger blue tinted glasses out
    Last edited by happyone; 03-20-2013 at 05:38 AM.

If Puig can continue into the season - and Kemp gets his swing strightened out - they might just might score some runs this year.

Looks like Kershaw is coming around and Grenke doesn't have any sturctual damage to his elbow - I think I can get my Dodger blue tinted glasses out
    This Grenke thing is starting to worry me a little bit. How many times do we need to see a butt load of money thrown at a pitcher during free agency, just to have them come into camp with arm troubles right after signing the mega-contract before the red flags start going up? I am glad there is to structural damage but consider me worried about him right now.