Thread: Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    We will find out this year. So many question marks for this years team. The money they have spent this year is mind blowing. That being said, as a Dodger fan, I am so excited for baseball this year. I haven't been able to say that for awhile.
    Same with me. I keep telling myself, "These guys know what they're doing, they know how to succeed in major league baseball. This will work out." Keep repeating that to yourself. It helps me.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Same with me. I keep telling myself, "These guys know what they're doing, they know how to succeed in major league baseball. This will work out." Keep repeating that to yourself. It helps me.
    I hate to be a buzzkill, but you do still have Ned Coletti as your GM.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

point taken

However, I still have high hopes.
    Last edited by happyone; 02-22-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    point taken

However, I still have high hopes.
    Welcome happyone, I didn't see that you had signed up until just now.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

They should be able to have a pretty good starting pitching rotation. What with all the starters they've signed

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    They should be able to have a pretty good starting pitching rotation. What with all the starters they've signed
    I hope this means you are going to post in our literature section from time to time. You have referred many of us to some good reads over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Welcome happyone, I didn't see that you had signed up until just now.
    Ditto here. Welcome!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell