Thread: Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Hybrid View

Puig is killing it this spring. It is going to be interesting to see how he is handled.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...ues-to-impress

Puig has been doing as much damage as any Dodger hitter this spring. He lined a three-run home run to left field off Cleveland Indians pitcher Fernando Nieve in the Dodgers' 5-1 win Sunday. Puig is batting .421 with four extra-base hits, more than any Dodger hitter other than Luis Cruz.

Pug is hitting .500 this spring. Don't screw this up Donny baseball.

If Puig can continue into the season - and Kemp gets his swing strightened out - they might just might score some runs this year.

Looks like Kershaw is coming around and Grenke doesn't have any sturctual damage to his elbow - I think I can get my Dodger blue tinted glasses out
    Last edited by happyone; 03-20-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    If Puig can continue into the season - and Kemp gets his swing strightened out - they might just might score some runs this year.

Looks like Kershaw is coming around and Grenke doesn't have any sturctual damage to his elbow - I think I can get my Dodger blue tinted glasses out
    This Grenke thing is starting to worry me a little bit. How many times do we need to see a butt load of money thrown at a pitcher during free agency, just to have them come into camp with arm troubles right after signing the mega-contract before the red flags start going up? I am glad there is to structural damage but consider me worried about him right now.

From the "When it rains it pours" Department Another starting pitcher goes down http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...ook_la&c_id=la

Well this season is off to a great start. 15 games in and the Dodgers are under .500. Dodgers just dropped 3 in a row to the Padres. The Padres that are 5-10 on the season and 4 of those 5 wins happened to be against the Dodgers.

I am jumping the gun with my desire to find a replacement for Donny baseball? I am going to throw in Ned Colletti in the bag to be fired as well. I will forever hate Ned. I wasn't a fan of the Mattingly hire to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Well this season is off to a great start. 15 games in and the Dodgers are under .500. Dodgers just dropped 3 in a row to the Padres. The Padres that are 5-10 on the season and 4 of those 5 wins happened to be against the Dodgers.

I am jumping the gun with my desire to find a replacement for Donny baseball? I am going to throw in Ned Colletti in the bag to be fired as well. I will forever hate Ned. I wasn't a fan of the Mattingly hire to begin with.
    I don't understand how Ned still has a job.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post

I think the new owners will be very smart with their manager hires.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...#axzz2toA6qvuk

The Dodgers’ new network debuts next week, and I guess most of us will just have to take their word for it.

Unless you’re with Time Warner Cable, which will run the Dodgers’ new cable station, SportsNet LA. Currently, it doesn’t have a single deal with any other distributor.
    The days of watching Dodgers’ games on free television are over. Last year’s games were still split between KCAL-TV Channel 9 and Prime Ticket. But beginning this year, it’s SportsNet LA or nothing.

If largely accurate historically, there’ is still no certainty everything will be resolved by Opening Day. Ask the Pac-12 Network or the Astros, whose network with the Rockets filed for bankruptcy protection after 16 months because it could not reach agreement with DirecTV and other major distributors.

sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I guess the Dodgers decided that on balance the money they'd get out of the deal would offset the inevitable loss of fan goodwill. I hate the decision and the attitude.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I guess the Dodgers decided that on balance the money they'd get out of the deal would offset the inevitable loss of fan goodwill. I hate the decision and the attitude.
    Does this usher in the end, or at least the slowing of networks overpaying for live sporting events? I think it might. PAC-12 was fortunate to do their deal when the market peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    They do have 270 million on the books this year to pay out to the team. It does suck for fans. I on the other hand, watch all games not on ESPN via the MLB.com package. I pay $24.99 a month April through September so I can watch the Blue Crew at least 4 or 5 times a week.