Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Jansen looked like a pretty good closer tonight.
    I wasn't able to catch last nights game. Just saw the highlights. Looks like Big Mac was about to tear Matt Williams head off. I also don't like people throwing at Puig's and Greinke's head. Dirty Douche Backs!

All I know is that anything is better than League. League is just another horrible Ned Colletti signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    I wasn't able to catch last nights game. Just saw the highlights. Looks like Big Mac was about to tear Matt Williams head off. I also don't like people throwing at Puig's and Greinke's head. Dirty Douche Backs!

All I know is that anything is better than League. League is just another horrible Ned Colletti signing.
    Jansen has one heck of a fastball. The last two nights he has been overwhelming. I'm sorry I missed the fight but when I heard on the radio while driving home that Puig had been hit in the head I knew some fireworks were coming. Poor Greinke should wear body armor when he pitches.

Here's the video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3425059.html

Puig looks pretty bent out of shape. Justifiably so. Even the pitch that hit Meinke was very close to his head.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I would just like to note that the Dodgers are now only four games out of first place and have won eight of their last nine games. Thank you very much.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

I would just like to note that the Dodgers are now only four games out of first place and have won eight of their last nine games. Thank you very much.
    Don't worry, the collapse comes in September...just ask the $265 Million trio

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Don't worry, the collapse comes in September...just ask the $265 Million trio
    Maybe, but I am going to bookmark this post of yours and throw it back at you if I get the opportunity. You have been warned.

--Yeats

Maybe, but I am going to bookmark this post of yours and throw it back at you if I get the opportunity. You have been warned.
    Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll all be on the disabled list

I would just like to note that the Dodgers are now only four games out of first place and have won eight of their last nine games. Thank you very much PUIG.
    I fixed it for you.

Uribe racks up seven RBIs to lead Dodgers

3.5 games out of first place now. (Yeah, I know their record is 41-44, but let's not nit-pick.)

--Yeats

The Dodgers started the year with a surplus of starting pitching and now they are scrambling for a 4 and 5 starter - Fife hits the DL

I thought this was a funny article.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...r-yasiel-puig/

I love the Dodgers! The boys in blue are finally making things exciting for us Dodger fans.

the Dodgers just can't stay healthy - A week ago they had too many outfielders and now they only have one - in someways the all star break comes at just the right time

They really need Puig and either Kemp or Crawford - They just can't score with out at least two of them

At least they have some starting pitching (Knock on wood)
    Last edited by happyone; 07-15-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    the Dodgers just can't stay healthy - A week ago they had too many outfielders and now they only have one - in someways the all star break comes at just the right time

They really need Puig and either Kemp or Crawford - They just can't score with out at least two of them

At least they have some starting pitching (Knock on wood)
    The musical chairs that they have played with the DL this year is just crazy. Hopefully a couple of days off for Puig and Crawford will help them get back in the groove to make a run. They have a team that can contend.

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Nice win tonight over the hated Yankees after Ethier (!) steals second. 10-1 since the All-Star break. In first place, 3.5 games ahead. Boys in Blue looking good!!
    Last edited by LA Ute; 07-30-2013 at 11:02 PM.

--Yeats

Nice win tonight over the hated Yankees after Ethier (!) steals second. 10-1 since the All-Star break. In first place, 3.5 games ahead. Boys in Blue looking good!!
    They are hot right now. So much fun watching this team right now. Consider me hopes being up.

Well, Puig isn't perfect. That was an ugly error. Poor Kershaw. Pitches brllliantly, team can't get wins for him.

--Yeats

Dodgers blank Cubs, 1-0, to extend road winning streak to 14 games. RECAP: http://atmlb.com/11G44XZ

--Yeats

I hope this Hanley Ramirez injury isn't long term. He is killing it this year when not on the DL. This could be his 3rd trip this season.

The Boys in Blue are hot, hot, hot.

ST. LOUIS -- The Dodgers' historic road winning streak reached another milestone Monday. With a 3-2 win against the Cardinals at Busch Stadium, the Dodgers extended their stretch of wins away from Los Angeles to 15, tying the 1939 Red Sox, '51 White Sox, '53 Yankees and '57 Redlegs (Reds) for the third-longest road win streak in Major League history.

--Yeats

Puig to Punto to Ellis:

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?c_id=lad&c...30806_10504234

This is the kind of play you buy a ticket to see.

--Yeats

Keshawn dominates again and this time actually gets the win. Fanned 8, too.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ml...30812_10702534

--Yeats

After the Dodgers started to get hot, I felt like this last week would tell us if the Dodgers can play compete for a World Series ring. Well, they just took 3 out of 4 in St. Louis vs. a very good team. They just swept the Rays who were also one of the hottest teams in baseball. I am on cloud 9 right now watching the boys in blue. It is going to be an awesome September and October with football starting and the Dodgers in contention.

Does this guy pitch for the Dodgers?

200px-Keyshawn_Johnson_2006-10-15.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Does this guy pitch for the Dodgers?

200px-Keyshawn_Johnson_2006-10-15.jpg
    Auto-complete on my iPad does me in again. Sorry, scritch.

--Yeats

Kershaw has the lowest ERA of any pitcher since 1920 who has pitched over 1000 innings and 100 starts.

--Yeats

Kershaw has the lowest ERA of any pitcher since 1920 who has pitched over 1000 innings and 100 starts.
    Kershaw should win the NL MVP this year (barring a collapse), and frankly it's not terribly close.

Adrian Gonzalez lines walk-off double in 5-4 win over the Mets in 12 innings. RECAP: http://atmlb.com/1by24nM

--Yeats

The Dodgers‬ become the first club to go 41-8 in a 49-game span since the 1944 Cardinals. RECAP: http://atmlb.com/16iwMzc

--Yeats

Special LA Times coverage of the Dodgers' a amazing season:

http://www.latimes.com/extras/events...R942_land.html

--Yeats

Random baseball thought as I watch the Dodgers beating the Phillies, Kershaw giving up only 2 hits in the first 6 innings, with 5 strikeouts so far: Will Clayton have a no-no sometime this season? Could easily happen.

--Yeats

It's gotten to the point where I'm surprised any time Kershaw gives up a hit. Barring a late-season collapse, it will be a crime if he doesn't get the MVP.