Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Go Dodger Blue! Diehard fan since the Garvey-Cey-Lopes-Russell years.

Hanley Ramirez out for at least 8 weeks

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...ook_la&c_id=la

Damn!!

Let's keep the Yaisel Puig hype train running full steam. Dude is crushing the ball this spring. Let's get Andre Eithier on the trading blocks right now. Hey Ned, get the Yankees on the line right now.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/...od_mlb_xxx_xxx

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    Hanley Ramirez out for at least 8 weeks

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...ook_la&c_id=la

Damn!!
    This sucks bad! Hanley was having a good WBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Let's keep the Yaisel Puig hype train running full steam. Dude is crushing the ball this spring. Let's get Andre Eithier on the trading blocks right now. Hey Ned, get the Yankees on the line right now.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/...od_mlb_xxx_xxx
    He's going to AA. In addition Gordon is headed to New Mexico
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...,4408102.story

Kershaw is the man. Not only did he throw a 9 inning shutout to beat the Giants today, he also hit a solo home run in the 8th to go up 1-0. Go Dodgers.

Kershaw is the man. Not only did he throw a 9 inning shutout to beat the Giants today, he also hit a solo home run in the 8th to go up 1-0. Go Dodgers.
    I started watching right before Kershaw's dinger. Fun to see the electricity in the stadium. The Dodgers are all in, Steinbrenner style -- the difference for me is I'll be okay with their winning.

Good Win! the opening pitch ceremony was a little hokey, but it was great to see Sandy Koufax throw out the first pitch - even though he bounced it
    Last edited by happyone; 04-02-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    Good Win! the opening pitch ceremony was a little hokey, but it was great to see Sandy Koufax throw out the first pitch - even though he bounced it
    What that tells me is that Magic Johnson and Co. "get" Dodger history and tradition. I think it was a great idea to reach back into time and bring Koufax and Hershiser out on opening day. I loved it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    What that tells me is that Magic Johnson and Co. "get" Dodger history and tradition. I think it was a great idea to reach back into time and bring Koufax and Hershiser out on opening day. I loved it.
    I totally agree

Free Puig.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Free Puig.

It was time on Monday. Let the kid play with the big boys.

Can't leave 11 stranded and expect to win.

One less starting pitcher, but why a catcher

http://dodgers.mlb.com/news/article....ews_la&c_id=la

The Dodgers have nobody behind AJ Ellis. It is a huge drop off when he needs days off and he will need a couple a week.

damn, damn, damn

Grenke breaks collarbone
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...pitch/2076525/

I thought nobody got hurt in baseball brawls

Maybe the Harang trade was a bit early?

Question for IPU, if you're monitoring this thread: even though it was a 1-run game, do you think Greinke intentionally threw at Quentin - keep in mind that San Diego sent one at Kemp's head earlier in the game.

A Dodger fan is trying to tell me there's no way the Dodgers would intentionally throw at a guy, putting him on base with no outs in the 6th inning of a one-run game. I think protecting your batters goes beyond the score, and that they likely had enough confidence in their ability to get out of the inning without any damage even if they put Quentin on base.

Any other actual baseball players on the board have an opinion?

Dan Patrick said today that a player who charges the mound should have an automatic 5-game suspension. I agree. What do you all think?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I'm sure pitchers would love it.
    Maybe pitchers should get a similar suspension for throwing at a batter. Lawyers would make money off the appeals process for both rules.

--Yeats

I don't think Greinke's pitch was intentional. The circumstances are extremely suspect for an intentional hit. Carlos Quinton should get a very long suspension for his actions. This isn't hockey, fighting is not a part of the sport and it should be punished harshly.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I have no idea whether or not it was intentional, but the circumstances mean nothing. In a 162 game season, these guys are willing to risk a run in an April game in order to make a macho point.

I agree that Quinton should get more than the 5 gave normal. Maybe 6-8 games.
    The situation in the game give it context, especially it being a 3-2 count. Players know when to pick their spots and this is not a situation where a player would pick his spot.

Plus, Quinton gets hit a lot, it is part of his game to get hit by pitches. When you are purposefully trying to get hit, it seems pretty ridiculous to react like this.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Dan Patrick said today that a player who charges the mound should have an automatic 5-game suspension. I agree. What do you all think?
    I'd make it 15.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    The situation in the game give it context, especially it being a 3-2 count. Players know when to pick their spots and this is not a situation where a player would pick his spot.

Plus, Quinton gets hit a lot, it is part of his game to get hit by pitches. When you are purposefully trying to get hit, it seems pretty ridiculous to react like this.
    Quentin was hit 17 times last year. He leans into pitches and never tries to get out of the way. He didn't lean into last nights pitch, he definitely didn't make an attempt to get out of the way. I hope Carlos gets a fastball to the face from Josh Beckett in the near future. It won't be next week. I have a hard time seeing Quentin playing at the Ravine during next weeks series.

From the "When it rains it pours" Department Another starting pitcher goes down http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...ook_la&c_id=la

Well this season is off to a great start. 15 games in and the Dodgers are under .500. Dodgers just dropped 3 in a row to the Padres. The Padres that are 5-10 on the season and 4 of those 5 wins happened to be against the Dodgers.

I am jumping the gun with my desire to find a replacement for Donny baseball? I am going to throw in Ned Colletti in the bag to be fired as well. I will forever hate Ned. I wasn't a fan of the Mattingly hire to begin with.

Well this season is off to a great start. 15 games in and the Dodgers are under .500. Dodgers just dropped 3 in a row to the Padres. The Padres that are 5-10 on the season and 4 of those 5 wins happened to be against the Dodgers.

I am jumping the gun with my desire to find a replacement for Donny baseball? I am going to throw in Ned Colletti in the bag to be fired as well. I will forever hate Ned. I wasn't a fan of the Mattingly hire to begin with.
    I don't understand how Ned still has a job.

--fjm.com

I think the new owners will be very smart with their manager hires.

--Yeats

Kershaw fans 12, Crawford knocks 2 homers to put Dodgers over Brewers, 2-0.

--Yeats

Mattingly has to be on the hot seat. Last place, 5 games under .500, highest payroll in baseball, 2nd to last in runs scored.

If I'm Mattingly, I put my house up for sale, I don't think he's around till the all-star break.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Mattingly has to be on the hot seat. Last place, 5 games under .500, highest payroll in baseball, 2nd to last in runs scored.

If I'm Mattingly, I put my house up for sale, I don't think he's around till the all-star break.
    He better be on the hot seat. Ned Colletti needs to be as well. Same with Mark McGuire. Man, the Dodgers are a freaking mess right now. So disappointing.