Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I'll be at the Dodgers-Red Sox game tomorrow night. Since I love both teams I cannot be disappointed with the outcome, although I admit that I'm rooting for the Boys in Blue this time.

Available at Dodger Stadium during this series:
    The Boston Dog: Beef hot dog, brown sugar sweetened baked beans and smoked bacon.

1173861_10152140004028508_729403589_n.jpg

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I'll be at the Dodgers-Red Sox game tomorrow night. Since I love both teams I cannot be disappointed with the outcome, although I admit that I'm rooting for the Boys in Blue this time.

Available at Dodger Stadium during this series:
    The Boston Dog: Beef hot dog, brown sugar sweetened baked beans and smoked bacon.

1173861_10152140004028508_729403589_n.jpg
    That looks delicious! I hope you enjoy it LAUte!

This surge by the dodgers has been amazing to follow! Similarly the skid of the Giants has been incredible to watch unfold.

This is an exciting baseball season and the dodgers are such an improved team over the last 2 months.

Well, after 5 and 1/2 innings Lester has a 1-hit shutout going against Los Doyer. Not the performance I was hoping for. Then again, these are the 2 best teams in baseball right now, so we should expect some great performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

--Yeats

--Yeats

Well, the boys had at least 3 chances to win that game but just couldn't pull it off. Greinke was brilliant, but even great pitchers need some runs to win.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-12-2013 at 08:52 AM.

--Yeats

should never have pinch run for Gonzalez. Cost them the game, as Cal Ripken pointed out at the time.

By the way, what is the rule on tags? Doesn't the player's glove have to touch the player he is tagging?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/clos...dgers-in-nlds/

Still, it looked like a bad decision to send Ellis on that short fly.

--Yeats

By the way, what is the rule on tags? Doesn't the player's glove have to touch the player he is tagging?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/clos...dgers-in-nlds/

Still, it looked like a bad decision to send Ellis on that short fly.
    It was way too shallow to tag. Would instant replay have reversed the tag call I wonder? In football, probably yes.

Yes, the catcher needs to physically touch the runner with the glove and ball in order to get the out. Molina didn't get down low enough in order for the tag to be made. The ump blew that call. In his defense, it's a lot easier to see that the tag wasn't made in slow motion than in real time.

Agreed that it was a bad decision to send Ellis. You just don't risk an out in a close game on a shallow fly, particularly when the outfielder has a great arm.

Had there been replay review available, the call would have been reversed, IMO.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Bases loaded, 1 out. Dodgers leave all three men on base. Wow. Cards actually walked A.G. to pitch to Puig, who strikes out. Poor guy must feel pretty bad.

--Yeats

At Dodger Stadium tonight. Up 3-0 in the top of the 9th right now.

--Yeats

What an unbelievable disaster Game 6 has turned into.

--Yeats

What an unbelievable disaster Game 6 has turned into.
    There was nothing the Dodgers could have done. Wacha was too good on the mound and the Cards bats were too active in the 3rd and 5th innings.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Quote Originally Posted by GarthUte View Post
    There was nothing the Dodgers could have done. Wacha was too good on the mound and the Cards bats were too active in the 3rd and 5th innings.
    That is true. But...the Cards get no credit for the boneheaded throws from Puig, the passed ball with a man on third, the handcuffed throw to home on a forceout. And other features of this game. Oh, well. They'll be back next year. I hope they send Puig to a winter league to learn some basic baseball. Guy's an amazing talent with no baseball IQ.

--Yeats

The Dodgers are serious about getting out of the early 1960s. Huzzah!

http://dodgers.mlblogs.com/2014/01/0...40109_16854514

--Yeats

The Dodgers are serious about getting out of the early 1960s. Huzzah!

http://dodgers.mlblogs.com/2014/01/0...40109_16854514
    Interesting. As long as they don't do away with the overall structure, I will be o.k. with some minor changes for fan experience. I can't wait for the season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Interesting. As long as they don't do away with the overall structure, I will be o.k. with some minor changes for fan experience. I can't wait for the season to start.
    Kershaw is good, but is he that good?
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...th-215-million

Yowzers.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    Kershaw is good, but is he that good?
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...th-215-million

Yowzers.
    Nobody is worth that much. That being said, based on the going market in baseball, yes he is.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...#axzz2toA6qvuk

The Dodgers’ new network debuts next week, and I guess most of us will just have to take their word for it.

Unless you’re with Time Warner Cable, which will run the Dodgers’ new cable station, SportsNet LA. Currently, it doesn’t have a single deal with any other distributor.
    The days of watching Dodgers’ games on free television are over. Last year’s games were still split between KCAL-TV Channel 9 and Prime Ticket. But beginning this year, it’s SportsNet LA or nothing.

If largely accurate historically, there’ is still no certainty everything will be resolved by Opening Day. Ask the Pac-12 Network or the Astros, whose network with the Rockets filed for bankruptcy protection after 16 months because it could not reach agreement with DirecTV and other major distributors.

sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I guess the Dodgers decided that on balance the money they'd get out of the deal would offset the inevitable loss of fan goodwill. I hate the decision and the attitude.

--Yeats

I guess the Dodgers decided that on balance the money they'd get out of the deal would offset the inevitable loss of fan goodwill. I hate the decision and the attitude.
    Does this usher in the end, or at least the slowing of networks overpaying for live sporting events? I think it might. PAC-12 was fortunate to do their deal when the market peaked.

They do have 270 million on the books this year to pay out to the team. It does suck for fans. I on the other hand, watch all games not on ESPN via the MLB.com package. I pay $24.99 a month April through September so I can watch the Blue Crew at least 4 or 5 times a week.

--Yeats

That poster's not accurate. Puig isn't fat enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Maybe you should just start your own thread for the Anaheim franchise.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Go Dodgers!

There is a thread on Utahby5 about the Dodgers???!?!?! And it's six pages long?!?!??! Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    There is a thread on Utahby5 about the Dodgers???!?!?! And it's six pages long?!?!??! Gross.
    It's for discerning baseball fans. You, OTOH, probably love the Nats.

--Yeats

--Yeats