Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The best way to follow Utah Ute football is to join Utefans.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Utahute72 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I hear a lot about format and discussion, but utezone and to a lesser extent, the scout site, actually provide real content. Now they are pay sites and therefore they hire reporters to actually visit practice and write stories. The Utezone guys have ins with the coaching staff that no one else does so you get a lot of the back story. In fairness, utezone was the first site I was on and I still like it best.
    I think I will join for these things that you mention. That site sounds like its juicy with information on recruiting and the team in general. This site is not trying to be a competing site to rivals/UteZone. Two completely different formats.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    I think I will join for these things that you mention. That site sounds like its juicy with information on recruiting and the team in general. This site is not trying to be a competing site to rivals/UteZone. Two completely different formats.
    Correct. I am a UteZone member. I think it is a great site for the hard-core Ute sports fan. There are actual paid journalists there who dig up information about the programs and write about it. That is the value of the site. There's also a mind-numbing amount of detail regarding recruiting, for those who are interested in that and have the time and interest necessary to follow it. I don't, but I am glad there are others who do!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Correct. I am a UteZone member. I think it is a great site for the hard-core Ute sports fan. There are actual paid journalists there who dig up information about the programs and write about it. That is the value of the site. There's also a mind-numbing amount of detail regarding recruiting, for those who are interested in that and have the time and interest necessary to follow it. I don't, but I am glad there are others who do!
    It's a resource and news site, then.

Sounds like it is well worth the investment.

This site is a place to settle into you soft leather chair with a cigar and talk about those issues with other cigar smoking friends. And, yes, women smoke cigars too, sometimes putting all others to shame when it comes to smoking a stogie and pontificating.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    It's a resource and news site, then.

Sounds like it is well worth the investment.

This site is a place to settle into you soft leather chair with a cigar and talk about those issues with other cigar smoking friends. And, yes, women smoke cigars too, sometimes putting all others to shame when it comes to smoking a stogie and pontificating.
    There is a forum thread where you can pontificate away, but strictly related to sports topics and combined with a lot of written content. For example they are publishing interviews with all the recruits and when camp starts they will publish a story about each session. They also interview the coaches and players on a regular basis. They also have report at basketball practice that provides pretty good information on that sport. So more hardcore than either this site or utefans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    That would be cool. There doesn't seem to be near as many females on UFN as there used to be. Probably becuause crazy guys get out of line too much.
    Nice to see some ufn posters here like Tacoma, ladyute, LAUte, etc. Yeah, just wanted to sign up before if moose steals any more names. Otherwise, seems like a nice place for more Ute stuff.

i know this has been said but the #1 reason i wont post at Ufn is the layout. I lurk the main page over there but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyguy1 View Post
    i know this has been said but the #1 reason i wont post at Ufn is the layout. I lurk the main page over there but that's it.
    I know a lot of people have a chub for vbulletin, I find it to be clunky to read in other ways (one being the whole quote thing to reply to someone in a thread). I have a vision for a message board that is a hybrid of the digest mode on uf.n and the good things from vbulletin, I call it RockerBulletin. Look for it on the shelves at a retailer near you.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    We want very much to prevent this from happening, and are coordinating with other site owners to verify that it has when it is called to our attention. If anyone is aware of this, please point out.
    A few years ago, I guy came on UF.net calling me out telling me I stole his username. I asked what he was talking about. I have had the username since 2003. Asked where he was in 2003. He never got back to me on that.

Crimson, I think that was RockerUte....in fact I know it was Rocker.

-What would you do
    if you saw spaceships over Glasgow?
    Would you fear them?
    Every aircraft, every camera, is a wish that wasn't granted.

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I know a lot of people have a chub for vbulletin, I find it to be clunky to read in other ways (one being the whole quote thing to reply to someone in a thread). I have a vision for a message board that is a hybrid of the digest mode on uf.n and the good things from vbulletin, I call it RockerBulletin. Look for it on the shelves at a retailer near you.
    I would guess many of your early adopters will be fan sites for Van Halen and Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyguy1 View Post
    I like the layout of ufn. It makes it so you don't end up with threads with 20 pages of posts to wade through. Having said that I am glad this site started and uses a different layout. I think the 2 sites compliment each other. I wouldn't want them to be clones of each other. I like having each one open in different windows and going back and forth.

I love both sites and I hope they both stay as they are!

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I would guess many of your early adopters will be fan sites for Van Halen and Poison.
    I was thinking it would be more furniture makers.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I was thinking it would be more furniture makers.
    Doubling market share prior to launch, call Shark Tank!

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    Yes! Not quite paradise but close.

Utefans.net is #1 on my Google Chrome "Most Visited" page. Utahby5 just poped up at #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    I used to post on ufn, even somehow managed to garner over 500 of the red stars (postive, right? - it's been years) and while I agree that plenty of up-to-date information was posted on the site it was hard to wade through the useless drivel and the unreadable format. I do miss the boardmails about Joseph Smith's sexual habits though, but I've learned to live on.

Congrats on getting this site up and running and in a great format (I'll be honest I still have no idea why the combined board went BYU-centric though). Some great people have migrated over to this board (not you LA, you wfb) so I wish you well and hope I'm at least passively welcomed over here from time to time.
    Too bad, one of the culprits has already joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Too bad, one of the culprits has already joined.
    I used to get Boardmail from JohnVA telling me it's OK to hit a woman in the face if someone else touches one's BlackBerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonute View Post
    I used to get Boardmail from JohnVA telling me it's OK to hit a woman in the face if someone else touches one's BlackBerry.
    I have no doubt this door swings both ways. It's a shame which is why I'm glad to see the group that put itself out there to create and moderate this board. A bunch of very good eggs in addition to being great Ute fans.