Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The best way to follow Utah Ute football is to join Utefans.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post
    No disrespect to utefans, but I much prefer this twenty-first century forum layout.
    This. They really need to do some upgrades over at utefans.net. The layout and format of the boards suck.

I'm posting this using tapatalk on my phone, a concept they don't seem to get at utefans.

Quote Originally Posted by utefan View Post
    This. They really need to do some upgrades over at utefans.net. The layout and format of the boards suck.

I'm posting this using tapatalk on my phone, a concept they don't seem to get at utefans.
    I've always accessed utefans on my mobile phone by going directly to their site. Never really had any issues, and thought you guys were kinda full of crap until I tried tapatalk last night for the first time. It was magnificent.
    Last edited by 480ute; 02-21-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 480ute View Post
    I've always accessed utefans on my mobile phone by going directly to their site. Never really had any issues, and thought you guys were kinda full of shit until I tried tapatalk last night for the first time. It was magnificent.
    Yeah, I resisted Tapatalk for a long time but I almost like reading VB better on it as opposed to my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    Yeah, I resisted Tapatalk for a long time but I almost like reading VB better on it as opposed to my desktop.
    i am in the same camp. the only fault i have found with it is that it doesn't do polls. other than that, it is awesome. the interface is user friendly. i like the "unread posts" option to show the threads that you have been participating in that have new posts since the last time you were there. it's slick.

I have two complaints about UFN which is why i'm over here more since it's launch.

1. It's slow, takes forever to load. I under stand it's probably sitting on a large database that has indexed all the archived posts but some days it's brutally slow.

2. No mobile support, when i'm home i'm usually browsing on either my phone or tablet.
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

Well as long as this site keeps the pressure on utefans, they'll have to upgrade eventually.

I've asked about tapatalk support many times over there, and the response is always a mix of "donate..." "just use your computer like me..." and "I post using the browser on my phone..."

I am stunned that they haven't made it work with tapatalk yet, and haven't even made a decent mobile version.

Oh well, I'm glad there is finally a viable alternative. I hope this site continues to grow and improve, and utefans finally caves to the added pressure and joins the 21st century. The more the merrier.
    Last edited by utefan; 02-21-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I had no idea that so many people use their phones for this. I can't really imagine the setting where I would use a phone to browse/post.

I guess if tapatalk is such a big deal to so many people, this site is necessary. Content wise, it seems there's is little difference. I will, of course, go wherever most of the people end up. The whole point to me is to have as many Ute fans as possible in one place.
    If you look at the Who is Online window, over half of the users are on tapatalk
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Hahaha. I just installed it while sitting in my car, listening to the game on the radio, while waiting for my daughter to get out of her dance class.

Technology rules.

I installed it over lunch today. It's amazing. I may never get any work done again.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Wow, this makes me feel old.

What do you young people do? Post while driving? While in class? At work? In the bathroom? I post while killing time at the computer.

yes
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Thanks to Jarid's evil encouragement I got Tapatalk today. I can see why everyone likes it so much and how it can take over someone's life. Deadly.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Somebody probably said this and I missed it. This site is not competing with Utefans. UB5 offers a different experience altogether. It's not a zero sum game between the sites. There is room for both Blanton's and Macallan in your cupboard.

There's no reason to have anything other than High West's Rendezvous Rye Whiskey in your cupboard.

I just saw on utefans.net Chad Sexington posted an announcement saying that the guy over here using his handle is an imposter.

Well done imposter.

Wow, this makes me feel old.

What do you young people do? Post while driving? While in class? At work? In the bathroom? I post while killing time at the computer.
    Just don't bother turning on my computer when I can have my ipad/iPhone on my couch

I'm enjoying this site. I used to be at Utefans and still browse occasionally but there's a bit too much non-Ute sports stuff. I get a kick out of the occasional drama....90 percent of which is always caused by the same 10 percent of people....(this axiom holds true in all walks of life). But I don't take any of it too seriously.
    PS: What the hell is Tapatalk?

Quote Originally Posted by Utegasm View Post
    I'm enjoying this site. I used to be at Utefans and still browse occasionally but there's a bit too much non-Ute sports stuff. I get a kick out of the occasional drama....90 percent of which is always caused by the same 10 percent of people....(this axiom holds true in all walks of life). But I don't take any of it too seriously.
    PS: What the hell is Tapatalk?
    Go to the app store on your phone our tablet. Costs about $3. Your life will be forever changed.

You can thank me later

Oh, and welcome to the board.
    André Gide

Yup- classic troll post.

Quote Originally Posted by utefan View Post
    I just saw on utefans.net Chad Sexington posted an announcement saying that the guy over here using his handle is an imposter.

Well done imposter.
    Well, it didn't take long for the asshats to show up here. I suspect a lot of UF.N posters will find that their names have already been registered over here by folks with an axe to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Crimson View Post
    Well, it didn't take long for the asshats to show up here. I suspect a lot of UF.N posters will find that their names have already been registered over here by folks with an axe to grind.
    That's why I was sure to scoop up 480ute immediately. I don't need any help making me look stupid, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Go to the app store on your phone our tablet. Costs about $3. Your life will be forever changed.

You can thank me later

Oh, and welcome to the board.
    My bathroom habits have now completely changed.

and that is a big reason why i left that site!! and am glad this one now exists. it was pretty bad over there. too much ego.

Yep. Everyone better sign up here quick before they have their own imposters.

By the way, I think both sites can co-exist and thrive. The difference in formats just adds a little variety to you Utes board surfing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    Yep. Everyone better sign up here quick before they have their own imposters.

By the way, I think both sites can co-exist and thrive. The difference in formats just adds a little variety to you Utes board surfing experience.
    I agree Tacoma. No reason people can't frequent both. A little competition is good for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyUte View Post
    I agree Tacoma. No reason people can't frequent both. A little competition is good for the soul.

Plus it gives you something to do during slow moments. You can switch back and forth instead of just sitting there hitting Refresh.

Yep. Everyone better sign up here quick before they have their own imposter.
    We want very much to prevent this from happening, and are coordinating with other site owners to verify that it has when it is called to our attention. If anyone is aware of this, please point out.
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

Plus it gives you something to do during slow moments. You can switch back and forth instead of just sitting there hitting Refresh.
    Hopefully more female posters will join this board. I absolutely love sports, but I admit I am not the most knowledgeable about the ins and outs. It would be great to have some other females around.

Hopefully more female posters will join this board. I absolutely love sports, but I admit I am not the most knowledgeable about the ins and outs. It would be great to have some other females around.
    That would be cool. There doesn't seem to be near as many females on UFN as there used to be. Probably becuause crazy guys get out of line too much.

http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.ph...le-UB5-posters!!!
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

I'm sorry, but I hear a lot about format and discussion, but utezone and to a lesser extent, the scout site, actually provide real content. Now they are pay sites and therefore they hire reporters to actually visit practice and write stories. The Utezone guys have ins with the coaching staff that no one else does so you get a lot of the back story. In fairness, utezone was the first site I was on and I still like it best.