Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    In my opinion, Amok suffers from the same masturbatory excess as TKOL. Tons of great ideas get introduced, but are never given room to breath and make an impact. For example, here is an album (one of my top 10 of 2012) that explores one just facet of Amok that Thom Yorke buries in the tedious fragility that permeates the record. Admittedly while my language is strong, I'd probably give it a 5 or 6 out of 10. Almost certainly crushed under expectation.
    I just listened to it, I dig it, but my expectations were low. I figured it would be on par with his debut solo album, and thus far it seems to be. I think what I liked about Eraser and this album is that it seems to be more for what they want to do than commercial viability or even necessarily general likability (if that last part even makes sense). A friend said of Eraser that it seemed like a collection of songs that Yorke would show up to the rest of Radiohead to start working with and they'd go from there. This seems to be the same ilk. Now, if the aftermath for Radiohead is another In Rainbows quality album (their best in my humble opinion) then I'm all for Thom Yorke doing these types of exercises to entertain me between albums.

On another note TKOL is probably one of my least favorites (with the exception being that I love Lotus Flower), but it still beats out the truly awful Pablo Honey.

Just saw that The National will be dropping a new album in May. Retweet!

The last time they put out an album it was PACmas and I remember meeting RockerUte and SpanishForkUte (he said "meh") for lunch. I was not impressed.

(Note: this is not what I am listening to right now as I am currently listening to Liam Neesom own fools who try to take him).

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Just saw that The National will be dropping a new album in May. Retweet!

The last time they put out an album it was PACmas and I remember meeting RockerUte and SpanishForkUte (he said "meh") for lunch. I was not impressed.

(Note: this is not what I am listening to right now as I am currently listening to Liam Neesom own fools who try to take him).
    The Korean chicken was good, that was about it. Glad to hear about The National, the bloodbuzz was starting to wear off.

Moose, you are one of the more pathetic creatures I've ever come across. I'd have to say like most people, I've gone from dislike, to finding it humorous to now finding it pitiful. I can't imagine what your motivation is.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 02-25-2013 at 10:27 PM.

If you have Apple TV read this:

For screensaver, the flickr option is pretty amazing. Great option to have on while listening to music through the device.

You can enter key words and it will stream through the most recent 100 images that match.

Recently, I entered the keywords: Yosemite, Winter. I'll just say there are some extremely talented photographers out there posting to flickr. Beautiful images.

yosemite-el-capitan-snow-winter-20081217_113.jpg
    Desse jeito, não tem jeito.

Rocker, with regard to Moose:

"Moose, you are one of the more pathetic creatures I've ever come across. I'd have to say like most people, I've gone from dislike, to finding it humorous to now finding it pitiful. I can't imagine what your motivation is."

I'd put it in this order: humorous...dislike...pitiful.
    Desse jeito, não tem jeito.

Listening to "Eponymous" which is a great compilation by REM. The one song I'm really digging today is "Romance".
    "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity." --SU

"An intellectual says something simple in a hard way. An artist says something hard in a simple way." -Bukowski

Right now i'm listening to Stick Figure

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

Another is Codi Jordan, local Reggae band from Eden Utah.

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by big z View Post
    Reggae band from Eden Utah.
    Trying to wrap my mind around this.

Quote Originally Posted by execUTEioner View Post
    Trying to wrap my mind around this.
    Around what?
    ~Bob Marley

Metric's new album Synthetica. Love this punk rock band from Toronto.

Last edited by Scorcho; 02-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big z View Post
    Around what?
    The Ogden valley being a hotbed of Caribbean music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The album "Happy Birthday" by Happy Birthday. Love it. Same guy from King Tuff if anyone knows them. Also managed to squeeze in some of Ariel Pink's new album. Annnnd I listened to Neil Young's Harvest on the way to work today.
    "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity." --SU

"An intellectual says something simple in a hard way. An artist says something hard in a simple way." -Bukowski

Master Of Puppets - Metallica (Welcome Home (Sanitarium) to be exact)

I've been listening to leaks of the new Flaming Lips and Youth Lagoon albums for about two weeks...I'll try to hold off slamming or praising them for a while!
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 02-28-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    I've been listening to leaks of the new Flaming Lips and Youth Lagoon albums for about two weeks...I'll try to hold off slamming or praising them for a while!
    Sweet. Youth Lagoon is rad. They were in SLC the other night but I was working .

Youth Lagoon's new release is out soon....Boise Idaho band.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Metric's new album Synthetica. Love this punk rock band from Toronto.
    Metric is cool. Synthetica isn't my favorite of theirs, but it's good.

The Spell by Black Heart Procession. Haven't listened to it in a while and forgot how much I like it. Anyone else listen to Black Heart Procession? The album is about five to seven years old and I have honestly lost track of the band and don't know if they've put anything else out.

The Eagles, "One of these Nights." (Hey, they're not oldies to me, guys!)

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    The Eagles, "One of these Nights." (Hey, they're not oldies to me, guys!)
    weirdandscary_zps913023ea.jpg
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

I've been listening to a Tchaikovsky collection that I have. Amazing.

strange video, but a good song

Phillies vs Yankess, Friday Spring Ball game.

It was just too sunny outside to not have baseball in the background.

Steve Jablonsky, Transformers soundtrack. Listen to "Scorponok" and tell me you don't want to run through a wall. Superhero/action classical soundtracks are underrated in my book.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jeromy in SLC; 03-05-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    "You can do a lot in a lifetime, if you don't burn out too fast. You can make the most of the distance. First, you need endurance. First, you've got to last." - Neil Pert

If the music is too loud please inform the driver who will help you exit the vehicle!

Listening to a little Frightened Rabbit today, the last two or three albums. Anyone hear the new one yet? I'm excited to get my hands on it.