Thread: Not only is football season just around the corner, but so is the prime sports bettin

Not only is football season just around the corner, but so is the prime sports bettin

Does anyone legitimately known someone who has made money gambling on sports long term? I don’t, in fact I know several who have lost money. I suspect this is true for 95% of those who have tried to make a career or a money generating hobby out of it.

When I was at the U we’d always find an afternoon in the fall when a group of us didn’t have class, lab or work. We’d donate plasma for spending money, or sign up for some paid lab experiment and then pull our funds together and make a trip to the sports book in Wendover. One of the first few times I went out there, I won $300 off of a 3 team parlay. I was pumped and mistakenly thought it was easy money and I had a gift. Three or four trips later with zero winnings taught me the truth about sports gambling. Eventually the trips to Nevada would die off because no one was winning with any regularity.

You occasionally hear about someone who has sports gambling skills and has routinely made money as a profession or a hobby. I just wonder if anyone knows or has met someone who ‘s a legitimate money making sports gambler.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Does anyone legitimately known someone who has made money gambling on sports long term? I don’t, in fact I know several who have lost money. I suspect this is true for 95% of those who have tried to make a career or a money generating hobby out of it.

When I was at the U we’d always find an afternoon in the fall when a group of us didn’t have class, lab or work. We’d donate plasma for spending money, or sign up for some paid lab experiment and then pull our funds together and make a trip to the sports book in Wendover. One of the first few times I went out there, I won $300 off of a 3 team parlay. I was pumped and mistakenly thought it was easy money and I had a gift. Three or four trips later with zero winnings taught me the truth about sports gambling. Eventually the trips to Nevada would die off because no one was winning with any regularity.

You occasionally hear about someone who has sports gambling skills and has routinely made money as a profession or a hobby. I just wonder if anyone knows or has met someone who ‘s a legitimate money making sports gambler.
    I know a couple people

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Listen to "behind the bets" podcast. Chad Millman
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Btw.... Go to the 2014 official sports gambling thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Listen to "behind the bets" podcast. Chad Millman
    Millman is one of the most connected sports journalists with regard to sports betting. His book "The Odds" -- which is about 10 years old, but still a great read and highly relevant today -- is pretty much the gold standard for sports betting literature and cemented Millman's reputation. Today, he's the Editor-in-Chief of ESPN The Magazine