Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112
Results 3,331 to 3,347 of 3347

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

looks like Elijah Bryant is leaving BYU early to play overseas

I would assume it would be a lot easier for him basketball-wise to just transfer somewhere else. If he stays at BYU, they are going to make him wait until the NCAA investigation is over. If he leaves, he starts with a clean slate and BYU is just left with his mess. Don't be surprised to see Emery in a UVU uni next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    I would assume it would be a lot easier for him basketball-wise to just transfer somewhere else. If he stays at BYU, they are going to make him wait until the NCAA investigation is over. If he leaves, he starts with a clean slate and BYU is just left with his mess. Don't be surprised to see Emery in a UVU uni next year.
    Except if he transfers now he has to sit out a full year, right? My understanding is that you have to have a full year at your new school before you can play, not just that you have to not play for your old team for a year. But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Except if he transfers now he has to sit out a full year, right? My understanding is that you have to have a full year at your new school before you can play, not just that you have to not play for your old team for a year. But I could be wrong.

I think this is wrong. he redshirted (or withdrew form school) last year and can play anywhere, I think.

In addition, I don't think its a given that Childs returns.

Are Gavin Baxter and Connor Harding any good? I had a friend talking them up to me, but I don't remember them being huge recruits (although I note that some services have them as 4* guys).

Per 247sports, Baxter had offers from BYU, ASU, and USU. Doesn't show any other offers for Harding.

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    Per 247sports, Baxter had offers from BYU, ASU, and USU. Doesn't show any other offers for Harding.
    There are conflicting reports about whether UCLA offered Baxter. Usually that means there was not a legit offer.

Jackson Emery on Twitter today. In stark contrast to his tweet at the time of the story about taking the high road.

DdPmqkjVMAUK9DU.jpg
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Jackson Emery on Twitter today. In stark contrast to his tweet at the time of the story about taking the high road.
    Who's Jackson again? Nick's older brother? Is he the one who played with Jimmer? What's his beef the SLTrib?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Who's Jackson again? Nick's older brother? Is he the one who played with Jimmer? What's his beef the SLTrib?
    Former BYU basketball player. Yes. Yes. Trib got some intel on Nick and followed up (divorced, improper benefits), then reported on what they found. Nick was not allowed to comment because of his attorney. This hurt his feelings.

Yes, yes, and he apparently feels that some at the SLTrib did his family wrong in reporting the possible violations by his brother with the Jetta.
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

Jackson was on the receiving end of that viscous Marshall Henderson punch of 2010. He's mad at the Trib because they had the audacity to report that he was under NCAA investigation for receiving improper benefits from a booster. Plenty of blame to go around here. :eyeroll:

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post

DdPmqkjVMAUK9DU.jpg
    And ironically, the reporters who wrote the articles were not layed off.

One tweeted back to Jackson inviting him to meet with them anytime to tell “their side”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    And ironically, the reporters who wrote the articles were not layed off.

One tweeted back to Jackson inviting him to meet with them anytime to tell “their side”

Siaosi Mariner had an inspiring Father’s Day message today.