Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 3412

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

I recognize the street; it is around the corner from us and my kids played in that house all the time growing up. Maybe I can scarf some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I recognize the street; it is around the corner from us and my kids played in that house all the time growing up. Maybe I can scarf some free stuff.
    He told us Saturday that he was moving into your neighborhood. You're now on intel duty.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I am glad they finally found a use for the HD truck.

https://twitter.com/gregwrubell/stat...211661825?s=19

It was funny and then Greg Wrubell got involved

Theres no end to Wrubells pedantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    https://twitter.com/gregwrubell/stat...211661825?s=19

It was funny and then Greg Wrubell got involved
    Who wants to bet we can go back less than 100 tweets of Wrubbel's to find a grammatical, spelling or punctuation error?

Pretty classless for The Voice of the Cougars to make fun of the rival’s AD.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Pretty classless for The Voice of the Cougars to make fun of the rival’s AD.
    On another note, can someone please explain to me how Holmoe, who has presided over the current state of the Coogs, seems to escape virtually all criticism from their fans? I'm of the opinion that he might be the worst AD in the country for what he has done, and should have been fired long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    On another note, can someone please explain to me how Holmoe, who has presided over the current state of the Coogs, seems to escape virtually all criticism from their fans? I'm of the opinion that he might be the worst AD in the country for what he has done, and should have been fired long ago.
    The powers that be like him a lot?

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    The powers that be like him a lot?
    So are we talking The power or someone lower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

Doctrine says they are virtually one and the same.

he wins the AD Halloween costume contest.
    13 years running.

https://twitter.com/byuroc/status/793207724838227968

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    he wins the AD Halloween costume contest.
    13 years running.

https://twitter.com/byuroc/status/793207724838227968
    How many Deseret Duel points is this contest worth?

He is the best AD in history. He needs a lifetime contract. His move to pull them out of a conference (with help from Secret Agent Samuelson), plus his ability to scare away other conferences (Big 12) with his shrewd negotiation tactics is impressive. I mean, who does Texas think they are? UT's $5B endowment and $200M in annual revenue is small potatoes compared to byu-P's Corporate Mormon Jesus dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    It’s never been clear to me.

--Yeats

I think if the Utes beat Colorado and the Ducks beat ASU on Saturday, then the Utes should rest all of their starters vs. BYU to get ready for the CCG.

Turn this game from a draining, late-season distraction with a ton of potential for injuries into a late-season re-focus and get healthy almost-bye week.
    A loss to the byu doesn't matter with the Rose Bowl on the line.

It would shift playing the BYU game from a disadvantage into an advantage vs. the Pac-North champion, IMO.

I'm hesitant to post this for fear of karma and jinxing and hubris and all the times I've been let down by a Utah team close to winning something big, but Utah and Oregon both winning is a realistic scenario.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Sr Day.
    Last home game.
    Last game in front of families.
    Still need to improve the record to get the best possible bowl game (if not Rose). Vegas Bowl is not impossible.
    Kids are all competitors.
    Embarrass that other team.
    The byu of Provo has a solid Defense and a win is far from guaranteed.

This is the start of a very long list of reasons why benching the starters I'd a non-starter.

That said, I would tell Covey to Fair Catch all 9 of the punts (and the two kickoffs the Cougars get - the one to start the 2nd half, and the one after they finally get on the scoreboard with a garbage time FG). Maybe sit Chase after the 3rd quarter.

Who wants to bet we can go back less than 100 tweets of Wrubbel's to find a grammatical, spelling or punctuation error?
    Just needed a little patience. The wording choice in this is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Just needed a little patience. The wording choice in this is awful.

It's not easy wording obscure stats with multiple layers to them. Greg probably has the most practice doing it of anyone.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    I think if the Utes beat Colorado and the Ducks beat ASU on Saturday, then the Utes should rest all of their starters vs. BYU to get ready for the CCG........

Wait, do we even play BYU this year?
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Wait, do we even play BYU this year?
    Only for two quarters.

LOL

I am really loving this site.

https://thedailyfrick.com/kyle-whitt...ruiting-trail/

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    So am I!

--Yeats

BYU Fan: "I'm just so fricking sick of the Vegas Bowl. I wish we could go somewhere else!"

Monkey Paw curls...

I just saw a photo from the Potato Bowl. The Y is wearing Royal Blue unis. Seems like an unfair advantage; its almost like wearing Harry Potter's invisibility cloak. The opposing team wont be able to find them.

I’ll just leave this here.

https://youtu.be/h_Z--BUAnio

Wow. That was so special

That was fun to watch again. I know and work with the "lead singer" in this video. I let him have it for days after I saw this the first time. Good time to bring this up and mock him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    That was fun to watch again. I know and work with the "lead singer" in this video. I let him have it for days after I saw this the first time. Good time to bring this up and mock him again.
    That is some amazing dirt to have on him.

--Yeats