Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114
Results 3,391 to 3,412 of 3412

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

Weird BYU shirt at a Dodgers game. What’s with the dog in the middle of the Y?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

BYU-Connecticut!

Bulldog, bulldog, bow wow wow

Isn't Yale the Bulldogs?

Maybe it's a Yale shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Isn't Yale the Bulldogs?

Maybe it's a Yale shirt?
    It is. And LA knows it, he's just screwing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post

via GIPHY

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

apparently everything is now Sitake's fault.

For 30 years during the WAC/MWC days BYU had a recruiting and financial edge over 80-90% of the teams on its schedule. They also had a once in a lifetime Hall of Fame coach. Now that all three of those advantages are gone its puzzling why they expect similar results to their glory days? Lavell didn't play and defeat 4-5 schools from power conferences every year, he feasted on the Utahs, New Mexicos and Wyomings to get his double digit wins every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    apparently everything is now Sitake's fault.

For 30 years during the WAC/MWC days BYU had a recruiting and financial edge over 80-90% of the teams on its schedule. They also had a once in a lifetime Hall of Fame coach. Now that all three of those advantages are gone its puzzling why they expect similar results to their glory days? Lavell didn't play and defeat 4-5 schools from power conferences every year, he feasted on the Utahs, New Mexicos and Wyomings to get his double digit wins every year.

I think BYU would be foolish to fire Kalani. I've made clear my feelings about the BYU Myth Swallowers and Pro-Indy forces. They're far more damaging to the program than any single loss.

But if the Cougars lose to USF coming off a bye, even without their starting QB, then nothing can save Kalani.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    I think BYU would be foolish to fire Kalani. I've made clear my feelings about the BYU Myth Swallowers and Pro-Indy forces. They're far more damaging to the program than any single loss.

But if the Cougars lose to USF coming off a bye, even without their starting QB, then nothing can save Kalani.

it appears to be a no win situation for any head coach. We're going to increase the difficulty of the schedule with essentially the same resources that you had in the MWC

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    it appears to be a no win situation for any head coach. We're going to increase the difficulty of the schedule with essentially the same resources that you had in the MWC

Well, many of them are already starting to entertain the idea of Morgan Scalley coming to Provo to help pull them out of obscurity and darkness. Wouldn't that be a real mind blow for both programs?!

I feel awful for Zach. Football can be so random. This also isn't going to help Sitake's situation. Unless, of course, QB2 turns out to be as amazing as their last QB2 over the easy part of their schedule. Would that cause Wilson to start looking around for a new landing spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

I feel awful for Zach. Football can be so random. This also isn't going to help Sitake's situation. Unless, of course, QB2 turns out to be as amazing as their last QB2 over the easy part of their schedule. Would that cause Wilson to start looking around for a new landing spot?
    This thread is a must read.

Last edited by U-Ute; 10-01-2019 at 03:23 PM.

LOL. A work of Twitter genius.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Well, many of them are already starting to entertain the idea of Morgan Scalley coming to Provo to help pull them out of obscurity and darkness. Wouldn't that be a real mind blow for both programs?!
    Many scenarios in life are hard to imagine. That one is almost impossible to imagine.

--Yeats

Pssh! Totally unbelievable. There is no way Wilson's parents would be sitting in the NE part of the stadium.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

It’s bizarre to think that for BYU at 2-4, their wins are against Tennessee and USC, and they have losses to Toledo and USF. Young fans 20 years from now will look back and think WTF?!?
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 11-30-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Hate to resurrect this thread, but this Tim Brando tweet is worth noting.

I watched the last couple of minutes of the Hawaii Bowl, and was surprised to see an experienced D1 quarterback stare down a single receiver in probably the most important play of the game up to that point, resulting in an easy game-ending interception. Who is coaching the quarterbacks there?

--Yeats

The coaching is pretty subpar down there. Between its recruiting and coaching I don’t see much hope for that fan base.

I thought for sure they'd come away with 2 top-25 wins, including their first ever as an independent against a P5 team. But USC and Boise both lost their bowl games badly. BYU will end with 0 top-25 wins again.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    The coaching is pretty subpar down there. Between its recruiting and coaching I don’t see much hope for that fan base.
    I just don't see much talent on that roster and unless Andy Reid is walking through that door, I don't see that changing. Bronco was correct when he said independence is not sustainable. Kids want to play for something.