Page 12 of 114 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I know. I was just playing along.

Many apologies to The Dude if he took it otherwise.

Of course, given his aptitude to chill, I'm sure he was not adversely affected.
    He may call you a human paraquat, and steal your rug in a passive aggressive manner.

Meanwhile, in Provo, a receiver suspended for not attending tunnel singing practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Meanwhile, in Provo, a receiver suspended for not attending tunnel singing practice.
    Within a week or two he too will be an inspirational symbol of redemption.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We are going to kill you this year in basketball. KILL you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    He was poking fun at himself.
    Brother Lebowski is always welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    He may call you a human paraquat, and steal your rug in a passive aggressive manner.
    Ok, maybe it's just me... but this appears to be far too much sucking of Lewbowski's big 'ole BYU ass in the quit you thread.

Damn... have some self respect people.

NSFW (language)

Last edited by Devildog; 09-27-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    Ok, maybe it's just me... but this appears to be far too much sucking of Lewbowski's big 'ole BYU ass in the quit you thread.

NSFW (language)

Pshaw... Eight-year olds.

NSFW (language)

The deference is only natural. The Dude is the creator of this site.

That's a great photo, btw. Your Halloween costume?

Banned
    I think it is a derivative of something he was involved with that included Utes.

I think it is a derivative of something he was involved with that included Utes.
    He still seems to abide.

You have to go a little farther back to CougarGuard.com and its now almost forgotten creator, Mike Waters, whom some would still consider a visionary if only for this post:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...83&postcount=1

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    You have to go a little farther back to CougarGuard.com and its now almost forgotten creator, Mike Waters, whom some would still consider a visionary if only for this post:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...83&postcount=1
    You are all great guys. I don't know this Waters person, but I understand he lived in Dallas, so he must be special.

BYU losing to Bo Diddley Tech. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

That's a great photo, btw. Your Halloween costume?
    I wish. The monkey shield isn't large enough.

Banned
    GO AGGIES!

I hope USU beats BYU's ass.

That is all.

GO AGGIES!

I hope USU beats BYU's ass.

That is all.
    Well, it's only fair for you to feel that way. BYU fans were cheering hard for UCLA last night. Even-Steven, you know.

--Yeats

First Jeff Benedict, now add Ryan Teeples to the list. If you want to get firsthand what true editorializing looks like, read this article. It's a doozy.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ationship.html

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    First Jeff Benedict, now add Ryan Teeples to the list. If you want to get firsthand what true editorializing looks like, read this article. It's a doozy.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ationship.html
    It seems that many Salt Lake City writers see their job as throwing red meat to BYU fans whenever they can. I wonder how much actual reporting he did on that story? Or did he simply repeat what BYU and ESPN told him?

--Yeats

It seems that many Salt Lake City writers see their job as throwing red meat to BYU fans whenever they can. I wonder how much actual reporting he did on that story? Or did he simply repeat what BYU and ESPN told him?
    Followed link and eventually stumbled on to this gem written last month. Same reporter. What the???........

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...nick.html?pg=2
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Followed link and eventually stumbled on to this gem written last month. Same reporter. What the???........

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...nick.html?pg=2
    It's embarrassing, isn't it?

--Yeats

He didn't ask a single tough question, or present any evidence to counter what BYU and ESPN officials say.

Why does BYU-MTSU get put on ESPNU and not ESPN2, as opposed to Utah State-SJSU?

What about USU-SJSU getting a better rating than BYU that week, at the same time?

What about the subpar bowl ratings BYU traditionally receives?

How seriously had BYU looked at leaving the MWC prior to 2010? Had it maintained regular or any contact with ESPN officials between 2006 and 2010? If not, what pushed BYU into pursuing an arrangement with ESPN? How much did Utah's departure to the Pac-12 have to do with your decision-making going forward?

So to answer your question, there was no reporting that went on here.

I also wonder if BYU personalities Todd Christensen and Blaine Fowler would like hearing their efforts at The Mtn. described as "amateurish"?

I also wonder if BYU personalities Todd Christensen and Blaine Fowler would like hearing their efforts at The Mtn. described as "amateurish"?
    I'll ask Blaine next time I see him.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Banned
    I don't know for sure if this is the same guy, but if it is...

Here is all you need to know about Ryan Teeples.

http://bleacherreport.com/users/70155-ryan-teeples

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    I'll ask Blaine next time I see him.
    I listen to him on the Bill and Hans show podcasts and he seems pretty knowledgable to me. I never watched the Mountain.

--Yeats

I don't know for sure if this is the same guy, but if it is...

Here is all you need to know about Ryan Teeples.

http://bleacherreport.com/users/70155-ryan-teeples
    What he said after 54-10:

It’s the worst BYU loss I can recall. And it’s not bad just because of the score. It’s bad because BYU had a shot and decided they just wanted to give this one away.
    It’s like they felt bad for Utah fans. You know, the economy is tough and many of them are jobless. BYU players acted like they wanted to give them the only Christmas they will have this year.
    That's some brilliant shit right there. My hell ...

What he said after 54-10:

That's some brilliant shit right there. My hell ...
    "Ryan is a marketing technology consultant and entrepreneur, owner of Ryan Teeples Consulting, Inc." So he gets bylined articles in the DesNews? How? Apart from that question, do they have editors at that newspaper? Doesn't seem so.

--Yeats

You all realize most of the "reporters" for the Deseret News and KSL aren't actual journalists right?

They've laid off most of their news staff and instead let anyone submit articles to be published, paying them a nominal fee if it is published.

That's how West Valley City's mayor got in hot water. He submitted pro WVC "articles" under an assumed name but was later exposed.

They also hire students at opposing schools to write road reports on sports like gymnastics, or just publish the Ute press release as if it were an article.

Shall we start a local media thread so we can start bashing them here the same way they get bashed at UF.N?

Or maybe we can just get over the local media. Yeah, the local media is often bad to ridiculous -- though I continue to see evidence of a sea change because of Utah being in the Pac-12, and the win over Stanford can only accelerate that change.

But if you don't like it, don't listen to, read or follow local media members. Don't think that you're going to be making a statement by doing so because they probably won't even notice.

Social media often brings out the worst in people, or at least it gives voice to the least common denomenator element. I think a better response would be to try and elevate the discussion with intelligent and respectful comments. I've always believed that if you want respect, you have to give it to get it. If Utah fans don't act with respect, why should they expect to get any?

You can't antagonize and influence at the same time. Please be quiet if you can't be respectful.
    Last edited by USS Utah; 10-16-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    Please be quiet if you can't be respectful.
    With respect... that might be honestly too much to hope for in the BYU thread.

This emoticon says "uzi"... but this is an AK-47.

With respect... that might be honestly too much to hope for in the BYU thread.

This emoticon says "uzi"... but this is an AK-47.
    Shut up!
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant