Page 9 of 114 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yohio View Post
    I just checked in and saw that the two most active threads are about BYU and Mitt Romney. This place really is just becoming LAU's blog.
    I starting to feel a little nervous about posting. I'm wondering just how many BYU fans are out there secretly counting and classifying posts.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I starting to feel a little nervous about posting. I'm wondering just how many BYU fans are out there secretly counting and classifying posts.
    It's ok. They are just intensely interested in what we think of them. It's flattering, in a creepy sort of way.

"It's men in shorts."

-- Rick Majerus

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Apparently, our own Mighty Alaskan Ute was the huge call of the day on the Jim Rome Show. Topic: Ripping Bronco Mendenhall to shreds.
    Lol... well played. Epic run. You even got a nickname from Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Podcast can be found here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...51773540,d.aWc

I'm guessing it is the call in hour three at 27:20 from Jake. Best take was that Tim Tebow cries about Taysom Hills completion percentage.
    I loved how the TDS fans who responded just wanted to talk about Heisman Trophy and National Championship.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I loved how the TDS fans who responded just wanted to talk about Heisman Trophy and National Championship.
    Thanks for the op-ed comrade Vladimir. But all things considered, I'd rather be dead than red. Go Cougars!

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Thanks for the op-ed comrade Vladimir. But all things considered, I'd rather be dead than red. Go Cougars!
    Trolling on Sunday morning is a violation of something. Not sure what, you miserable vomitous mass.

--Yeats

Trolling on Sunday morning is a violation of something. Not sure what, you miserable vomitous mass.

Go Cougs!

After not selling out the Texas game, BYU officials are getting worried about this game as well. Currently, you can buy tickets for $90 to the BYU/Utah game and get the Boise St game for free!

Attendance smack! lol

Attendance smack! lol
    We not only can take it, we can dish it out.

--Yeats

We not only can take it, we can dish it out.
    I guess it's true what they say: little brother does what big brother does! Here's hoping that some day the Utes are able step out from behind the shadow of their big brother.
    Last edited by tooblue; 09-17-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    After not selling out the Texas game, BYU officials are getting worried about this game as well. Currently, you can buy tickets for $90 to the BYU/Utah game and get the Boise St game for free!
    And thanks for confirming my observation from earlier. Ute fans don't travel well!

And thanks for confirming my observation from earlier. Ute fans don't travel well!
    Apparently BYU fans don't travel well either. Even to Provo.

Uhhhh....seriously?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    act now and get free gas from Reno Mahe

Message Board Vagabond UteBeliever aka Port's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post

This did not get the attention it deserves.

That being said, I believe Mahe is now quite friendly to the Utah program, IIRC.

Message Board Vagabond UteBeliever aka Port's Avatar
    Just don't ask Lenny Gomes to pump it for you!

Hey, Lebowski: hi-there-smiley.gif

--Yeats

Hey, Lebowski: hi-there-smiley.gif
    Hey. Found a real gem today. Check it out:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...of-Fame-Thread

You should contribute something to the hall of fame. I imagine his place is a treasure trove for such things if someone has the stamina to wade through all the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Hey. Found a real gem today. Check it out:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...of-Fame-Thread

You should contribute something to the hall of fame. I imagine his place is a treasure trove for such things if someone has the stamina to wade through all the threads.
    The ALUF concept is a lame one, a child of the geniuses who gather at CougarBoard. I am a little embarrassed for you that you have adopted it.

--Yeats

So, you are saying Ute fans do travel well? I would've thought such a sophisticated and rabid fan base would snap up those tickets you are talking about. Why aren't the football savants of Ute nation all over this? They can actually go see an away game in person and not have to fight the hoards of 30 - 40k clamouring to get into Rice Eccles on a Saturday!

Hmmm. This is odd. I guess getting past the point of the mountain is troublesome. A real bother I imagine.

So, you are saying Ute fans do travel well? I would've thought such a sophisticated and rabid fan base would snap up those tickets you are talking about. Why aren't the football savants of Ute nation all over this? They can actually go see an away game in person and not have to fight the hoards of 30 - 40k clamouring to get into Rice Eccles on a Saturday!

Hmmm. This is odd. I guess getting past the point of the mountain is troublesome. A real bother I imagine.
    tomato-smiley.gif

--Yeats

I know you are from Canada, so I understand that you aren't familiar with the geography. But you should know that everything past the point of the mountain smells really bad.

When you live in a great city, it's hard to want to go to visit cesspool. Like when I used to live in NOLA, and friends from Houston would ask me to visit.

it's comical that a few weeks ago you were pounding your chest about how impressive the BYU attendance was in Charlottesville, but now can't draw for home games to Texas, Utah or apparently Boise St? Add this to the list of other reasons not to keep BYU on the schedule.

it's comical that a few weeks ago you were pounding your chest about how impressive the BYU attendance was in Charlottesville, but now can't draw for home games to Texas, Utah or apparently Boise St? Add this to the list of other reasons not to keep BYU on the schedule.

Having been to several BYU and Utah away games the past several years I made a very astute observation about each fan base and their attendance at away games. I was criticized for my remarks and told just how wrong I was. That Ute fans do travel well and what's more they are a smart, sophisticated fan base as compared to the BYU fan base.

Of course yours and others responses prove that I am correct in my initial observations. Ute fans don't travel well. They are indifferent and mostly only at Rice-Eccles on a given Saturday for the cultural aspects. Hades, they won't even travel 45 minutes down the highway to an away game—the Utes biggest game of the season I might add—when there are apparently thousands upon thousands of seats available‽

You see, it kinda works like this: The sophisticated college football fan looks at what might potentially be thousand upon thousands of available seats as an opportunity to watch their beloved team play against their rival in person. That's what makes a fanatic.

The unsophisticated college football fan base, that does not travel well and lacks the football smarts to know better thinks it's good message board smack.

is right.
    Last edited by tooblue; 09-19-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I know you are from Canada, so I understand that you aren't familiar with the geography. But you should know that everything past the point of the mountain smells really bad.

When you live in a great city, it's hard to want to go to visit cesspool. Like when I used to live in NOLA, and friends from Houston would ask me to visit.
    Of course it smells so much better in north Salt Lake:

Last edited by tooblue; 09-19-2013 at 08:06 PM.

There are lots of weird BYU fans. They roam predominantly on CB and a few on the old CUF but to some of us, this is just a great damn rivalry and I want to beat the shit out of the U...just because. No religion involved. Hell, most of you are Mormon.

Good luck, but I hope we destroy you.

Love,

Viking

Ute fans travel well when the site for the game is a place that is worth visiting.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    There are lots of weird BYU fans. They roam predominantly on CB and a few on the old CUF but to some of us, this is just a great damn rivalry and I want to beat the shit out of the U...just because. No religion involved. Hell, most of you are Mormon.

Good luck, but I hope we destroy you.

Love,

Viking
    Agreed about pretty much everything except who wins. And the rivalry is just getting too ugly for my liking, so I suppose I disagree that it's a great damn rivalry and just a damn rivalry.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Two words: Save it. The biggest bowl game BYU has ever had, the lone post Jan. 1 date you've ever played, you got outdrawn 3-1 by a Kansas ag school with about 1/10th the enrollment and alumni that BYU has. We drew more in the Sugar Bowl on true enemy turf than you did in Dallas.

The 2005 Fiesta Bowl? We set an all time attendance mark for a visiting team with over 45K. I think you're one of the good BYU fans tooblue, but at least differentiate yourself from your fellow Zoobs by using facts when incorporating your smack. Otherwise, you just come across as another Zoob hack.