Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If a Tree Falls in Rice Eccles Stadium - Utah vs. Stanford 10/7/17

If a Tree Falls in Rice Eccles Stadium - Utah vs. Stanford 10/7/17

I know it's early for a thread, but the kick time was announced: 8:15 Mountain, Fox Sports 1.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I know it's early for a thread, but the kick time was announced: 8:15 Mountain, Fox Sports 1.
    ugh.

via GIPHY

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    ugh.
    Hey, it gives Kylie an extra hour or two of healing time.

I'm not a uniform snob, but I'm digging these.

Red and white, no black. Fits the rules. Thumbs up.

Hans Olsen‏ @975Hans 40m40 minutes agoMore

Stanford beat writer says JJ Arcega-Whiteside won't play for Stanford this Saturday."He's their best WR on the field."

probably inconsequential since they weren't going to throw the ball anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post

probably inconsequential since they weren't going to throw the ball anyway
    Exactly. Wake me up when it's an offensive lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Exactly. Wake me up when it's an offensive lineman.
    Or Bryce Love

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Or Bryce Love
    I'd also take any of the local kids who ran from their destiny to the lazy comfort of Palo Alto, just so their friends and family don't get to see them play.

As someone who spent too much time around Mac...hate white pants. Ma’ake will understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    As someone who spent too much time around Mac...hate white pants. Ma’ake will understand

I feel like we've overcome that curse.

10 position battles to watch this week:

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ch-week-6-2017

5. Utah DL Lowell Lotulelei, LB Kavika Luafatasaga and DB Chase Hansen vs. Stanford RB Bryce Love

Cardinal running back Bryce Love is shooting up everybody’s Heisman list and it’s not hard to see why considering he’s leading the country in rushing at a pace not seen in 20 years. While he’s already faced some solid defenses, it’s a point of pride in Salt Lake City to stop the run and Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham has the track record to back it up. The Utes will need to have sure tacklers at every single level on Saturday night if they stand any chance in slowing the terrific tailback from the Farm however.

The pundits on Riley's show all seem to agree that Utah needs to keep Love out of the secondary. Nothing revolutionary there. the idea is that if they can at least slow him down at the LOS, he'll be less productive and might be held to 100 yards or so.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

The last time we beat these guys in RES, we threw a ton of screens out on the edge to Poole (7 catches for 75 yards). Poole also ran for 111 yards on 22 carries. This makes me think that McCormick and DHC could be featured this week prominently. Hopefully the inside/out game is humming with Moss and the two previously mentioned.

I think Stanford will test our LBs with both Love and with former Bingham Tight End Dalton Shultz, who has two TDs on the year, and who will want to have a big game in his only appearance in front of family and friends.

How good is Bryce Love? He's got 8 rushing TDs on the season...we've got 7 as a team.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I have a single ticket for tomorrow's game. W13, Row 45. Face value is $71.00. Any takers?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

How good is Bryce Love? He's got 8 rushing TDs on the season...we've got 7 as a team.
    They are opening ridiculous holes for him, and once he's through a hole, he's gone.

I think Stanford will test our LBs with both Love and with former Bingham Tight End Dalton Shultz, who has two TDs on the year, and who will want to have a big game in his only appearance in front of family and friends.
    This is a good time to point out the dishonesty in those who play for Stanford. They universally say they are going because they want a great education, but when they arrive, they immediately seek out the easiest majors on campus. They don't care about education; they want to belong to an elite club because they believe it will bring them easy fortune.

Of course, none of them would be admitted to Stanford without football.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    This is a good time to point out the dishonesty in those who play for Stanford. They universally say they are going because they want a great education, but when they arrive, they immediately seek out the easiest majors on campus. They don't care about education; they want to belong to an elite club because they believe it will bring them easy fortune.

Of course, none of them would be admitted to Stanford without football.
    It's like those that go to duke. Michigan however would never be like that

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 10-07-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

If Williams would have just stepped up and ran on that 3rd down we get the first

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

We are getting screwed by these officials. Absolutely screwed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Anyone want to send the ref a dictionary with the word incidental highlighted and bookmarked?

Still waiting for some makeup calls after getting completely screwed over on 2 calls.

So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Anyone want to send the ref a dictionary with the word incidental highlighted and bookmarked?

The Stanford player took two steps before hitting Gay.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    The Stanford player took two steps before hitting Gay.
    And that wasn't even the worst call on that series. 2 huge terrible and unacceptable calls that changed the game. Either one is called right and we score on that drive.

Then they compound it when Whittingham calls them on their shit with the personal foul. Just a joke.

--fjm.com

We keep blitzing on 3rd and long, and they keep converting with good Oline play and a good pass.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    We keep blitzing on 3rd and long, and they keep converting with good Oline play and a good pass.
    Yep

--Yeats

Has the Stanford oline ever been called for holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Has the Stanford oline ever been called for holding?

Not in the harbaugh/shaw era.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Where is Carrington?
    Stanford is double teaming him. Troy was able to make them pay for that early on by hitting other receivers left open but it seems like his accuracy problem kept him from doing that in the 2nd Q.

--Yeats