Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 PAC-12 Tournament thread

I went to bed early, but woke-up middle of the night and saw the score. UTES!

OT: Sean Miller's comments and respect for other P12 teams are really impressive. I'm a fan.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde...rt_river_index

Interesting stats: Utah ranks ahead of Oregon in every offensive statistical category except free throw percentage and scoring offense. We are 6th in 3-point FG percentage and they are 9th. Still, they've given us fits because of their length and athleticism and they sure had their way with us in the regular season. They rank much higher in offensive rebounds than we do, which seems like an important statistic because of the additional shots that gives them.

Maybe the third time will be the charm.

http://pac-12.com/content/mens-basketball-statistics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Unfortunately, obviously, stats don't tell the whole story. A lot of variables and scenarios to capture.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Interesting stats: Utah ranks ahead of Oregon in every offensive statistical category except free throw percentage and scoring offense. We are 6th in 3-point FG percentage and they are 9th. Still, they've given us fits because of their length and athleticism and they sure had their way with us in the regular season. They rank much higher in offensive rebounds than we do, which seems like an important statistic because of the additional shots that gives them.

Maybe the third time will be the charm.

http://pac-12.com/content/mens-basketball-statistics

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Unfortunately, obviously, stats don't tell the whole story. A lot of variables and scenarios to capture.
    Oh my.
    What a couple of great semi's. Oregon looked good last night.
    Wish you were here, HFNW. We would have a fun Saturday with you.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Btw for next year
    http://pac-12.com/article/2016/03/11...rena-las-vegas

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Btw for next year
    http://pac-12.com/article/2016/03/11...rena-las-vegas

Between NYNY and Monte Carlos? Where is that? how is there room between those two? Do they meen behind NYNY, between NYNY and I-15

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Between NYNY and Monte Carlos? Where is that? how is there room between those two? Do they meen behind NYNY, between NYNY and I-15
    Exactly. It's next to the freeway.
    Access from NYNY will go through the parking structure - or so it appears from my window this morning.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

OT: Sean Miller's comments and respect for other P12 teams are really impressive. I'm a fan.
    I like the guy's style.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

That's what I like about stats. We can compare them to actual game results. Oregon clearly has something special going on.

--Yeats

2016 PAC-12 Tournament thread

You have to love the progress the team has made with keeping their composure in crunch time.

Last edited by LA Ute; 03-12-2016 at 10:59 AM.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Yes but the parking for Montecarlo and nyny both go up against it

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    Oh my.
    Thanks, it would've been fun. Hopefully next year in the new arena.

A great moment:

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Yes but the parking for Montecarlo and nyny both go up against it

Here's a Google Maps shot showing the area under construction

I went to bed early, but woke-up middle of the night and saw the score. UTES!

The winner of tonight's game deserves a one seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    Oh my.
    Just got an invite for tonight's game! Heading down in a couple hours.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Just got an invite for tonight's game! Heading down in a couple hours.
    Jealous.

--Yeats

Jealous.

I hear there's lots of tickets from Arizona fans. $40-$50.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/K8VgrlGTgIQ

Watching warm-ups, the Ducks are warming up on the basket by our band and Muss section. I'm not sure what they said to him, but after he took a shot, it looked like he turned and flipped them off (playfully, it looked like).
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Bilas said that if the committee uses the formula it has always used AND if the Ducks win, they should get a 1 seed. Big opportunity for both teams tonight.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Let's do this!

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Chapman's defense is just sad.

Gotta make the bunnies, Brandon.

I'm not sure Brooks is even human.

--Yeats

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    that's not good. We are settling for jumpers or post ups against Poeltl instead of driving into him to create a foul.

Lots of tired looking legs on both sides so far.

7+ minutes without a field goal. That's what happens when you play against athletes who also understand the game.

The dumb turnovers must stop right away or we are done for.

--Yeats

One thing that always becomes apparent in the post season. Teams that pressure get away with more contact.

Little bit of body there by Dorsey.

Agreed. However, our players have been making those mistakes on a relative consistent basis. Tigers and stripes. You are who you are.

The dumb turnovers must stop right away or we are done for.