Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Pre-Spring and Spring Football

8 players out for spring (see if I can remember):

Paulo, Capra, J Johnson, Afia, DHC, Thompson, Blair...and someone else. Maybe Hekking.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    8 players out for spring (see if I can remember):

Paulo, Capra, J Johnson, Afia, DHC, Thompson, Blair...and someone else. Maybe Hekking.
    Shyne?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Shyne?
    Whitt was on the radio, he literally pulled up a list of players on his computer while talking. You can hear him clicking around. He then read off the 8 players sitting out.

I say all of that, so say that it would be safe to assume that Shyne is 100% and ready to go (and he is). Woohoo!

We are so freaking stacked. Look at every position. It's crazy. I said this earlier, but it is shocking how far we've come. A few years ago we had Dres at WR and nothing else. Now, we have 5 WR's with his potential and ability. And it's like this at most positions. It's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Viane moala, a DT for Hawaii, is transferring to the Utes. He'll have to redshirt for a year and will be a redshirt junior when he plays for us.

I know nothing about rainbow warrior football, but the guy is 6'7 and has blocked four kicks during his career so this one has scout team all-star written all over it.

“Anything less than a Rose Bowl would be a disappointment this year.”

- John Pease, today

Is it just me or is there a not so subtle jab here.

Huntley.JPG

This video of Tuttle throwing the ball makes me tingly.

That ball comes out of there quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Is it just me or is there a not so subtle jab here.

Huntley.JPG
    I don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I don’t get it.
    "gap"

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    "gap"
    I guess it wouldn't have jumped out at me if Huntley was actually "plugging a gap" this year. But as a returning starter, using his photo didn't make sense. Except for "the gap."

I guess it wouldn't have jumped out at me if Huntley was actually "plugging a gap" this year. But as a returning starter, using his photo didn't make sense. Except for "the gap."
    It is never to early for Whitt to find some bulletin board material! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post

Like.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I'm no expert at evaluating QBs, but it looks like he has a pretty quick release, and a lot of zip.

Simi Moala reminds me of Jeff Kaufusi - except he looks broader/stronger. Jeff was a solid defensive end.

I remember a little of the drama around Moala's high school recruiting. We wanted this guy a lot. Some on the board will remember that he and Thor Katoa went Oregon State's way late, largely because of Anderson and Sitake. Anyway, that is one mature freshman. He looks like he's the new defensive line assistant - not a freshman d'end.
    Last edited by Utebiquitous; 03-07-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Grammar

A nice welcoming crew at the airport. Pretty cool to see Tuttle reaching out already.

A nice welcoming crew at the airport. Pretty cool to see Tuttle reaching out already.

Covey is supposedly 5'8"

I am in SLC and had a business lunch today at Little America. As we were coming out I saw B. Covey with a group of people, all in a happy celebratory mood. He was still in his suit and wearing his missionary name tag, so I guess he was fresh off the plane and hadn't even been released yet. Anyway, as I walked by him I quietly said, "Go Utes!" That brought a laugh from him and everyone around him.

Having walked right by him I must say, he is not a very big guy at all. Very slight build, I think he might be 5'8", because my daughter is 5'7" and he was about her size. Maybe her same size. So 5'8" might be a bit of a stretch.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I am in SLC and had a business lunch today at Little America. As we were coming out I saw B. Covey with a group of people, all in a happy celebratory mood. He was still in his suit and wearing his missionary name tag, so I guess he was fresh off the plane and hadn't even been released yet. Anyway, as I walked by him I quietly said, "Go Utes!" That brought a laugh from him and everyone around him.

Having walked right by him I must say, he is not a very big guy at all. Very slight build, I think he might be 5'8", because my daughter is 5'7" and he was about her size. Maybe her same size. So 5'8" might be a bit of a stretch.
    I have no idea how he walks around at that height. I mean, it's gotta be tough with how big his testicles are.

hahahahaha

I have no idea how he walks around at that height. I mean, it's gotta be tough with how big his testicles are.

Francis Bernard has been spotted hanging out at Utah Spring practice.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/0...e-for-a-visit/

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

That's why they call him Mini Wes Welker.

So this is a new thing this spring.

Man, I could watch that all day!

Pett releases a ‘17 highlight. Not his best work, but it’s enough to get the rid of the basketball taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaa2sryHD8