Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highland vs. Olympus tonight

Highland vs. Olympus tonight

I'm sure there are several former graduates of each school here on this message board. I'm so desperate for the season to start, I just might watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    I'm sure there are several former graduates of each school here on this message board. I'm so desperate for the season to start, I just might watch the game.
    I hope you can get the game in Canada!

Look for my son (27)
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Go Rams!

I'm even in Salt Lake. But I will not make it to the game.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Speaking of the amazing Highland Rams, pretty cool article about one of their players. http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4274322...iter-impresses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Speaking of the amazing Highland Rams, pretty cool article about one of their players. http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4274322...iter-impresses

That will be my next "blurb" for FHE ... maybe this next Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    I hope you can get the game in Canada!

Look for my son (27)
    That's the crazy thing—of course I can get the game ... but I won't be able to get half of Utah's games.
    Last edited by tooblue; 08-26-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

He is a great kid. In yesterday's JV game he lined up at fullback and scored from the 1 yard line. It was fun to see the boys celebrate his success.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

He is a great kid. In yesterday's JV game he lined up at fullback and scored from the 1 yard line. It was fun to see the boys celebrate his success.
    That's awesome. I wondered if he ever played. I saw on Twitter that the score going into the 4th was 5-3. Sounds awesome.

I wasn't playing super close attention but was one of the coaches interviewed sporting the Drum and Feather? I'd like to see more of that in prep football.

One of the better HS games I've seen in awhile. I'm a Highland alum, but, my kid plays for Oly now --- so the Rams can KISS IT!

Seriously, after a lot of years in the south, an evening at HS football is just what you do -- the whole town gets involved -- and the atmosphere at those games are unbeatable, but, I've got to admit the atmosphere at the two games I've attended in Utah have been fabulous as well. Pleasantly surprised.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

This Friday -- Highland @ Olympus. 7p.

Both teams are a bit down but they'll put on a good show anyway I'm sure.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    This Friday -- Highland @ Olympus. 7p.

Both teams are a bit down but they'll put on a good show anyway I'm sure.
    Highland is coming off a homecoming win against skyline. They put up 500+ rushing yards (only threw the ball twice) and scored 61 points. They held skyline basically scoreless in the second half.

I’ll be there. Should be be a fun game. The new region alignment for SL valley schools has been nice from a travel standpoint.

Highland is coming off a homecoming win against skyline. They put up 500+ rushing yards (only threw the ball twice) and scored 61 points. They held skyline basically scoreless in the second half.

I’ll be there. Should be be a fun game. The new region alignment for SL valley schools has been nice from a travel standpoint.
    I watched the first half before going home to watch the Utah football game. I thought seriously of going down on the field and taking the playbook away from the offensive coordinator if he threw the ball one more time.

Man, Skyline's front seven was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    I watched the first half before going home to watch the Utah football game. I thought seriously of going down on the field and taking the playbook away from the offensive coordinator if he threw the ball one more time.

Man, Skyline's front seven was bad.
    Yeah. 2 passes - one interception and one near interception. The problem is they try to go for a home run when they pass instead of shorter passes. They have 3 receivers over 6’3” who have good hands and can run an out or quick slant.

They really wore down skyline in the second half. No reason to pass if you are getting 4-6 yards minimum on each run.

Go Rams!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Go Rams!
    I'm throwing the flag on this one.

via GIPHY

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Go Rams!

Once a Ram, always a Titan!! (or something like that)

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I'm throwing the flag on this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

--Yeats

Well that stunk didn't it? Highland gives payback for last year.

Well that stunk didn't it? Highland gives payback for last year.
    Fun game for us. Sorry.

My boy had a good game on defense. Started the game with a forced fumble and a sack. On offense he blocked well but couldn’t haul in a TD at the end.

Fun game for us. Sorry.

My boy had a good game on defense. Started the game with a forced fumble and a sack. On offense he blocked well but couldn’t haul in a TD at the end.
    i remember your son well. He's a solid player. Until next year....... (or baseball season if your son plays baseball)
    Last edited by mUUser; 10-01-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Fun game for us. Sorry......
    Stumbled across this today.....forgot that I owed you some crappola this year.

I think Highland Olympus has become a great rivalry - much better than Olympus Skyline. Next year should be competitive as well.

I think Highland Olympus has become a great rivalry - much better than Olympus Skyline. Next year should be competitive as well.
    Highland has to find a new rival now that East has completely left it in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Highland has to find a new rival now that East has completely left it in the dust.
    Ha!

--Yeats

That was a good game. Tough one to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post

I'd like to see an "open" division where schools that do a fair amount of recruiting can play each other and set up games with other teams like Bishop Gorman, St John Bosco, Mater Dei, Chandler, Allen etc.... (like Wasatch Academy does in basketball). I'd consider putting East, Bingham, Skyridge & Orem into that division. In baseball, Cottonwood recruits like crazy as a result of its close relationship with the Utah Marshalls.

Highland took Olympus to overtime last night. Wasn't expecting that, but, Highland was very, very physical. Like very physical.

Highland took Olympus to overtime last night. Wasn't expecting that, but, Highland was very, very physical. Like very physical.
    Fun game. We had a shot. 30 FT to 8 seems a bit lopsided

I miss not having a son playing this year. Having all the region games in the SL valley is great and hopefully gets more turnout for all the games. I’m planning on going to as many road games as I can.

I miss not having a son playing this year. Having all the region games in the SL valley is great and hopefully gets more turnout for all the games. I’m planning on going to as many road games as I can.
    When I was at Skyline the Region included Olympus, Cottonwood, Highland, East, Granite, South and West. It was great as many of us had competed against one another from the time we were 8 or 9 years old. East and West played for the State Championship my senior year.