Thread: The Delon Wright Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post

I hope that he gets realistic evals of his draft stock at the end of the year. Some agent is going to get in his head about being a first round lock, which he is not right now.
    I think he'd go first round.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Last year, yes. Next year, probably. This year, probably not. This draft is too deep. You could argue that the top 5 picks from last year wouldn't even go top 10 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    It's possible, but I think the depth of this year's draft hurts him. He's currently listed as the last pick of the first round in a number of 2015 mock drafts. It depends on who declares this year, but assuming all the top players do (there are rumors that Jabari and the big kid from Kansas might stick around) I think he's a fringe first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    It's possible, but I think the depth of this year's draft hurts him. He's currently listed as the last pick of the first round in a number of 2015 mock drafts. It depends on who declares this year, but assuming all the top players do (there are rumors that Jabari and the big kid from Kansas might stick around) I think he's a fringe first rounder.
    Yeah, I've seen that too. I think he's undervalued now and that his stock would rise as more and more scouts look at him closely. When I look at other late first/early second round players, I have to think he would end up ahead after the scouting/workout season.

Plus, he is "old" for the NBA draft, so that might make him want to take his chances now.

Of course, I hope he stays.