Taken purely from shooting percentages.

Thinking about Brandon Taylor and the ensuing topic of getting to the line, I took my obsession with stat geekdom a step further, and put together an all-time Utah team for pure shooters, dating back to the 1986-87 season, when the 3-point shot was introduced full-time into the college game. So here goes:

Point guard: Johnnie Bryant. He's the only Utah player with three seasons of 40 percent or better from 3. He's the all-time school leader in 3-point percentage (.440). Two of this three seasons rank in the top 10 single-season marks. And in his senior year, he was three FGs away from becoming the second 50-40-90 man in Utah history. That's 50 percent from the field (.492 for Bryant), 40 percent from 3 (.443) and 90 percent from the line (.922). That last mark would also be a Utah single-season mark except he didn't reach the 100 attempts needed to qualify, with only 64. Given the rarity of having a 100 FTA man on your team, I think it's an excessively high benchmark.

Shooting guard: Marc Jackson. Another player who flirted with the 50-40-90 mark, shooting 50-45-84 in his sophomore season of 2002-03. Even with a year off, returned to shoot 45-45-85 as a senior. Unlike JB, Sparc was a prolific FT shooter, with 253 FTAs in his final two seasons. His career .438 3PT is second in school history and his .844 FT is third all-time.

Small forward: Shaun Green. Green is the only single-season 50-50 player in school history, turning the trick in his sophomore year in 2006-07. He's also the only player to shoot 50 percent from 3 for a single season, making 64 of 125. His career .412 from 3 is good for 7th all-time and is just .001 behind Alex Jensen for the top career mark by a frontcourt player at the U.

Power forward: Josh Grant. I give Grant the edge here for one reason: the distinction of being the only 50-40-90 player in school history. And Grant didn't squeak into earning this distinction -- he destroyed the standard by going 53-44-92 as a senior. Side note: Jimmy Soto went 46-42-83 and had more FTAs than Grant, making this probably the greatest/most prolific shooting tandem in this era. Grant also flirted with this mark as a sophomore, going 52-41-80.

What about Keith Van Horn? Quite honestly, you could put KVH here and not be wrong (You could also accuse me of overcompensating on Grant's behalf for consistently underrating his career). KVH nearly hit the 50-40-90 mark as a true (52-44-78) as a junior (54-41-85) and as a senior (49-39-90). There is plenty of evidence to back both players.

Center: Andrew Bogut shot a better percentage. Luke Nevill shot an even better percentage and made it to the line more times to boot. But neither had Michael Doleac's inside-outside game. Doleac might be, in addition to Bryant, the second player with three 40 percent 3PT shooting seasons, but the website from which I got a lot of these stats -- http://www.sports-reference.com -- does not have Utah's single-season stats from Doleac's sophomore year. Otherwise, he shot 44 and 41 percent as a junior and senior, with obviously fewer attempts than JB. He was a 200-plus FTAs as a senior, making just under 81 percent of his attempts, while shooting 78 percent in a 170-plus FTA junior year.

Interesting Rivalry Sidenote: Jimmer Fredette never shot better than 50 percent from the field for a single season, and only shot better than 40 percent from 3 (his junior year) once. He was an 88 percent FT shooter, but never broke 90 percent. His best year was his junior year, when he shot 46-44-89. Fredette could do some incredible things with the ball, and his range within these players is superior. But when you consider from an accuracy standpoint that Fredette falls behind every Utah player mentioned here in multiple categories over multiple seasons, save for those involving a 7-0 center, it puts more into perspective Fredette's career.