Thread: The Official NBA Thread

Hybrid View

Can the Spurs win two in a row? If they can...series over
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Can the Spurs win two in a row? If they can...series over
    The Heat won't lose three straight. I suspect they'll steal one in San Antonio much like the Spurs stole Game 1 in Miami.

Also, only four teams in the history of the 2-3-2 format have won all of the home middle games (Detroit 2004, Miami 2006, 2012). Houston in 1995 swept Orlando and didn't play Game 5. I think Miami is too good to lose three straight.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    The Heat won't lose three straight. I suspect they'll steal one in San Antonio much like the Spurs stole Game 1 in Miami.

Also, only four teams in the history of the 2-3-2 format have won all of the home middle games (Detroit 2004, Miami 2006, 2012). Houston in 1995 swept Orlando and didn't play Game 5. I think Miami is too good to lose three straight.
    As are the Spurs. That its why I think if they win game 4, Miami won't beat them 3 straight. Spurs in 6. If the Heat win game 4, it will go 7, and hard to say who pulls it out. Pops and the Spurs are three one team that I think can win a game 7 on the road.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Apparently Tony Parker needs an MRI on his Hamstring today. I really hope this is a form of smokescreen coming from Popovich. The Spurs will be in a lot of trouble if they need Manu to become the primary initiator on the offensive end. He has been playing out of control and erratic this series.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    Apparently Tony Parker needs an MRI on his Hamstring today. I really hope this is a form of smokescreen coming from Popovich. The Spurs will be in a lot of trouble if they need Manu to become the primary initiator on the offensive end. He has been playing out of control and erratic this series.
    That could be a series killer if he is hurt bad enough to limit his penetration. I how he is ok. With him health, this series had the chance to be an all time great one.
    André Gide

Last night was a rough night. I think the Spurs are officially in a must-win situation for game five. I just can't envision them beating Miami twice on Miami's homecourt.

I can see this series ending in 5,6,7 for either team, although 5 for the Heat is a bit out of reach at this point. This series feels unpredictable to me. I would have never guessed there would be back to back blowouts, and I would have never guessed that Danny Green would become the next Reggie Miller.