Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
There's no limit on food, the limit is all bars have to close at 0200, only on duty employees can remain after 0200 (alcohol cannot be served after 0100)

(And for the record, eating has little to do with changing the absorption rate if alcohol, but allowing people to stay would allow their system to process it out. The average adult metabolizes alcohol at approximately .015 BAC per hour. (So someone at .08 will take about 5 hours to be back to 0.00)

Yes Utah's laws are silly when it comes to alcohol. And fighting it is a big uphill battle given the entity that believes nothing should change. (The biggest change that needs to be made is allowing beer over 4% to be sold on tap instead of just bottles and cans...there's no logical reason for this law)
I am no student of Utah's liquor laws but they sure seem silly to me. Honestly, is there any articulated reason for them? Do the laws' defenders point to some empirical data supporting their position, for example, that in states with restrictive laws there are fewer alcohol-related traffic deaths? I am a babe in the woods on this topic. All I can say is that my family and I have lived in wicked Calfornia for 30+ years and have remained uncorrupted by the greater availability and general presence of alcoholic beverages.