Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hands off my (Nick) Johnson! - Utah vs. Arizona III

Hands off my (Nick) Johnson! - Utah vs. Arizona III

Utah gets its third crack at the Arizona Wildcats this season. They have played Arizona tough in both games really neutralizing Aaron Gordon, but haven't quite been able to get over the hump against the rest of the squad.

Nick Johnson is really good and seems to be able to turn it on at a moments notice. We'll really have to work to limit all of the other guys like Hollis-Jefferson, who just killed us in OT.

Here's hoping the Utes can finish the job on Thurs.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Utah gets its third crack at the Arizona Wildcats this season. They have played Arizona tough in both games really neutralizing Aaron Gordon, but haven't quite been able to get over the hump against the rest of the squad.

Nick Johnson is really good and seems to be able to turn it on at a moments notice. We'll really have to work to limit all of the other guys like Hollis-Jefferson, who just killed us in OT.

Here's hoping the Utes can finish the job on Thurs.
    We recruited Reyes exactly for matchups like Hollis-Jefferson. We literally have no one on our roster who can give him a fair fight.

What we need right now is a recap/story of how it's not the worst thing in the world to lose your opening game in the conference tournament. It's created more NCAA champs than expected over the years. Our last Final Four was the byproduct of such a loss. And in Vegas, too. Let's hope lightning can strike again, both for our benefit and Arizona's.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    We recruited Reyes exactly for matchups like Hollis-Jefferson. We literally have no one on our roster who can give him a fair fight.

What we need right now is a recap/story of how it's not the worst thing in the world to lose your opening game in the conference tournament. It's created more NCAA champs than expected over the years. Our last Final Four was the byproduct of such a loss. And in Vegas, too. Let's hope lightning can strike again, both for our benefit and Arizona's.
    You probably disagree with me on this, but I hope we get come measure of revenge tomorrow against Hollis-Jefferson. Not the most important thing but a win + some revenge on that guy would be extra-sweet.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

If you're Sean Miller you're not thrilled about having to play Utah tomorrow. That's a nice thought to contemplate.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

On the thread title
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Anything can happen with a noon tipoff!

Why I'm feeling good about today's game.

http://www.covers.com/articles/artic...?theArt=363087

Went down to the sports book this morning. While I was there, there must have been 100 'Zona fans in line and only a couple of Utes. Yet the line dropped from Utah +8 to Utah +7.5. That means the "big money" is going on the Utes.

Of course, I went with my heart and put cash down on Utah winning outright. Who needs those stinkin' 7.5 points? (Truth be told, I did make a money line bet on the Utes, but also made an even bigger bet with the line).

Quote Originally Posted by Ex'dute View Post
    Went down to the sports book this morning. While I was there, there must have been 100 'Zona fans in line and only a couple of Utes. Yet the line dropped from Utah +8 to Utah +7.5. That means the "big money" is going on the Utes.

Of course, I went with my heart and put cash down on Utah winning outright. Who needs those stinkin' 7.5 points? (Truth be told, I did make a money line bet on the Utes, but also made an even bigger bet with the line).
    For a win this afternoon, we need Taylor and JLover to have big games. If either one of them fails to play well, we are toast. That's what happens when you play the best team in the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    For a win this afternoon, we need Taylor and JLover to have big games. If either one of them fails to play well, we are toast. That's what happens when you play the best team in the land.
    We gotta limit the boneheaded plays and the sleepwalking stretches that this team is so prone to. When our bigs catch the ball they need to go up strong with it, none of this take it down to your knees crap and lose it. Additionally, our guys need to work without the ball to get good clean looks. The stall ball strategy will not work against a team like Arizona if we're not getting good clean looks. Finally rebound like there is no tomorrow!

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Session is sold out. Scalpers getting 150 a ticket.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Session is sold out. Scalpers getting 150 a ticket.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Yikes! During the old MWC/WAC days, we would always buy a single ticket to the first day, dress up in full Ute attire, sneak into the section of a team we knew would be bounced early (usually CSU was a good bet), and cheer like crazy as the Rams lost to Wyoming. Then, as the down-trodden fans left, we would congratulate them on their great season. Inevitably, people would give us their entire tournament packages for free because we were "such good guys." SUCKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    We're going to have to hit a good percentage of threes, IMO. Loveridge, Tucker, Taylor, Ogbe....doesn't matter who. UA's length will make it very tough to score inside (and we won't get a lot of fouls called, either) so we are going to need to shoot well from deep.

Arizona came to play.

Arizona getting calls like we're in Tuscan again here early.

The whole block/charge call has been totally screwed up this year. It is a bigger crapshoot than ever.

That latest Arizona commercial did not get me excited for women's discus.

Charge, out of bounds, pushing,.... they've already made every classic bad call, and it just started!

Ball don't lie, Tarzceweaskiu

We're in a bit of trouble here. We haven't had a good look in three or four trips donw the floor and Arizona is hitting everything. Lenz and jump shot are not words that belong in the same sentence.

This one's over.

Go ahead universe, prove me wrong!

We gotta limit the boneheaded plays and the sleepwalking stretches that this team is so prone to. When our bigs catch the ball they need to go up strong with it, none of this take it down to your knees crap and lose it. Additionally, our guys need to work without the ball to get good clean looks. The stall ball strategy will not work against a team like Arizona if we're not getting good clean looks. Finally rebound like there is no tomorrow!
    Yeah, we're not doing either right now.

Yikes.

Getting ugly fast.

Nick Johnson is fun to watch. The guy has a great basketball IQ.

I don't like the prospects of listening to Ernie Kent rave about freaking Arizona for the next 80 minutes.

Hold on folks! Double digits!!

Time for some vigilante justice...someone needs to pop whatshisface in the jaw when he sticks his tongue out.

Now, who was saying that it didn't matter if we got UCLA or Arizona in the second round?

I really thought bringing in Kovacevic would swing the momentum.