Thread: Bedeviling the Sun Devils 2017

Hybrid View

This game all of the sudden has some intrigue as ASU is a real threat to get bowl eligible in the South, as are their counterparts the Wildcats. However, this is the Pac 12, and is fairly inconsistent from week to week. I like the Utes in this one, big.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Looking at the game summary and box score-

ASU was coming off a bye week, and playing at home. One ASU player said after the game that "It's not a shock to us. This game is what's going to turn the ship around. We dominated them tonight." That's an interesting mix of confidence and hope. My hope is that they do what happens a lot after a team has a huge win, a big letdown the following week.

Washington missed 2 short field goals. Browning was sacked 5 times. It was a very clean game on both sides in both turnovers and penalties. Washington was held to 230 yards total offense. ASU also had more time of possession 35 minutes to 25 minutes.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    This game all of the sudden has some intrigue as ASU is a real threat to get bowl eligible in the South, as are their counterparts the Wildcats. However, this is the Pac 12, and is fairly inconsistent from week to week. I like the Utes in this one, big.
    I think bowl eligibility is a formality for ASU now. Their last four are all very winnable, and one of their two road games is at Oregon State. They're the last team standing that can realistically challenge USC for the South title. They'll be ready -- win this one and the next week they get USC in Tempe for what will likely decide the South crown.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    I think bowl eligibility is a formality for ASU now. Their last four are all very winnable, and one of their two road games is at Oregon State. They're the last team standing that can realistically challenge USC for the South title. They'll be ready -- win this one and the next week they get USC in Tempe for what will likely decide the South crown.

sounds like a classic trap game to me. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    sounds like a classic trap game to me. I hope.
    If we beat ASU, and ASU can beat USC, we're right back in this thing. Tiebreaker should favor the team that doesn't have to play Oregon State.