Thread: 2018 NCAA Tournament Thread

Hybrid View

Hee hee. Now Arizona fans get to wonder why they worked so hard to defend their cheat and liar when he's not really a great basketball coach.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Hee hee. Now Arizona fans get to wonder why they worked so hard to defend their cheat and liar when he's not really a great basketball coach.
    That Harris kid from Buffalo is flat out terrific. How in the world is he at Buffalo? That's what I love about college basketball. There are always these kids and teams that show up, seemingly out of nowhere, and win. And look great doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    That Harris kid from Buffalo is flat out terrific. How in the world is he at Buffalo? That's what I love about college basketball. There are always these kids and teams that show up, seemingly out of nowhere, and win. And look great doing it.

IMHO, that is why it would be great if the NCAA/NBA went to the baseball rule--you don't have to go to college, but if you do, stay 3 years. You will lose the one and dones (and probably more, because more players may go straight to the G league, although lots of baseball players go to college instead of the minors), so the talent wont be as high, but the competitiveness will be better because the playing field will be more level and the players like Buffalo's will have more of a chance to shine. Rivalries will improve because the players will be around longer and the fans of places like Kentucky will learn the names of their players.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    IMHO, that is why it would be great if the NCAA/NBA went to the baseball rule--you don't have to go to college, but if you do, stay 3 years. You will lose the one and dones (and probably more, because more players may go straight to the G league, although lots of baseball players go to college instead of the minors), so the talent wont be as high, but the competitiveness will be better because the playing field will be more level and the players like Buffalo's will have more of a chance to shine. Rivalries will improve because the players will be around longer and the fans of places like Kentucky will learn the names of their players.
    Yes.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    No. 2 rated JUCO last year. It's really boom or bust at that level. And Wes Clark is a grad transfer from Missouri who averaged 10 PPG his last season there.

Four players that average 15 or more per game, and the MAC is probably the best of your traditional one-bid leagues. I thought UB could cover the spread and maybe even win, but take Arizona to the woodshed and win by 20-plus? That was glorious! I'm from Buffalo, so I had some skin in this game no matter what, but for the result to happen as it did should be an all-time Schadenfreude Win for everyone on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    No. 2 rated JUCO last year. It's really boom or bust at that level. And Wes Clark is a grad transfer from Missouri who averaged 10 PPG his last season there.

Four players that average 15 or more per game, and the MAC is probably the best of your traditional one-bid leagues. I thought UB could cover the spread and maybe even win, but take Arizona to the woodshed and win by 20-plus? That was glorious! I'm from Buffalo, so I had some skin in this game no matter what, but for the result to happen as it did should be an all-time Schadenfreude Win for everyone on this board.
    Clark isn’t a grad transfer. They talked during the game last night about his struggles to get eligible and get a scholarship. But they said he did it because of Oats, who coached him in HS.

He didn’t play for almost 2 years

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Next year they will have only 6 players coming back w/ currently no recruits coming in.

And they are down 2 coaches as the Book is gone & Romar is going to Pepperdine.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans.