Thread: UtahBy5 2013 Fitness Challenge

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I tried swimming a few years ago after an injury. It takes some time for the muscles and cardiovascular system to adjust to that type of exercise - not to mention simply figuring out the motion. I am impressed that you have stuck with it.
    Apparently, a lot of the people at the gym who are distance runners dislike it because they like having as much air as they want. At least that's what a couple of them have told me. Then there's this one guy who comes in and swims a mile after running 18-20 miles "to cool down."
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Forward, never straight Freaky Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Then there's this one guy who comes in and swims a mile after running 18-20 miles "to cool down."
    PLEASE tell me he showers first....
    If you make friends with yourself, you will never be alone. -Maxwell Maltz

I can't tell you what I don't know. But, he seems like the type who would first.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Over 100 miles as a group. Eldo in the lead (he's my brother).

I have to admit, the cold weather is putting a damper on my motivation. In the summer, it's easy to get up early to go out, because it's the coolest part of the day. But knowing it's the coldest part of the day these days has the opposite effect.

Just added my mileage to the spreadsheet. hopefully I didn't screw anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Just added my mileage to the spreadsheet. hopefully I didn't screw anything up.
    Looks good. Bumped us over 200.

looks like Sisyphus has been too busy pushing his rock to enter miles I hope he's ok.

Not a U fan but enjoy these challenges especially when a tracking spreadsheet is used. If offensive to any, I will gladly remove my data.