Thread: Sports Media (local and national)

Hybrid View

Bump.

ESPN 700 is trying something new.

Apparently, Keith Stubbs has decided to quit radio and pursue other interests. For now, ESPN 700 is going with a show called "The Bullpen" where a host will take one day a week and run with it from 11-1 each day.

Yesterday, it was Amy Donaldson and Jody Genessey. Today it has been Jeremiah Jensen. So far, so good.

Also, ESPN 700 is now available on the fm dial, although I never hear them promote this. They are on 107.1, which I can pick up in town much better than 700 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Bump.

Apparently, Keith Stubbs has decided to quit radio and pursue other interests. For now, ESPN 700 is going with a show called "The Bullpen" where a host will take one day a week and run with it from 11-1 each day.

Yesterday, it was Amy Donaldson and Jody Genessey. Today it has been Jeremiah Jensen. So far, so good.

Also, ESPN 700 is now available on the fm dial, although I never hear them promote this. They are on 107.1, which I can pick up in town much better than 700 AM.
    I liked Keith and enjoyed his show although I was far from a regular listener (I very rarely listen to sports radio unless there is an interview with a Ute coach or player).

Any guesses on who the other "bullpen" hosts are? I would love to hear Tony Jones take one of the days (although he would probably need a co-host to cover for his travel with the Jazz, similar to Jody). I don't think Dave Fox is doing radio anywhere right now, so maybe he takes a day? I'm guessing all hosts will have other local media gigs, but I'm struggling to come up with more ideas. I think our own Utebiquitous should host.

I think Utah has some very, very lazy radio personalities but actually has a lot of talent in print right now. Jody is a goof but seems to do good work. I think Tony Jones is very good and I also generally like both Piper and Goon.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Bump.

This is pretty significant. I expect radio ratings for Utah sports to climb noticeably, although not as much as they would if they were in the middle of the dial. Then again, maybe that doesn't matter anymore ...