Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

After removing the life blood thread of this site, why not ban all reference to you-know-what?

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    After removing the life blood thread of this site, why not ban all reference to you-know-what?
    ???

This is a PAC-12 thread on a PAC-12 teams fan site. What is this life blood of which you speak?

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I like the ducks this week. They should play with a Chip on their shoulder (too soon?) and Wazzu has a way of making you believe they have turned a corner before crapping the bed.
    Not too soon, now it is a statement filled with hope! Lose 49ers lose!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    ???

This is a PAC-12 thread on a PAC-12 teams fan site. What is this life blood of which you speak?

This is simply too awesome.

You all can't help yourselves--despite DD's pleas--in your B-Y-U obsession so what's the response? Delete the thread.

This is too good to be true.

And with that, adieu. My work here is done.

Good point. BYU doesn't matter outside of central Utah, so we really should let them go by the wayside.

We should all want the Huskies to beat Stanford because we get the Huskies at home and don't play Stanford. That Utah-Washington game could be a big one.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    We should all want the Huskies to beat Stanford because we get the Huskies at home and don't play Stanford. That Utah-Washington game could be a big one.
    So far the Huskies are having their way.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    So far the Huskies are having their way.
    Chris Peterson. We know he can coach. Right?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Most of us knew. A couple, or one, on here/UFN said he couldn't coach.

Everything is coming up Husky. They look amazing so far.

Most of us knew it was only a matter of time.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Most of us knew it was only a matter of time.
    Even this year they are extremely young. They have to be the odds-on favorite next year.

Peterson is likeable and admirable too. All the PAC-12 coaches are except the two Arizona guys, Rich-Rod and Graham.

--Yeats

Wow...that Washington d-line. 5 sacks in the 1st half? Stanford might not be as good as expected, but it ain't no San Jose State.

5 sacks in 15 drop backs. That is a domination.

Looked to me like Stanford had quit even before that last touchdown that put the Huskies up to 30.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Wow...that Washington d-line. 5 sacks in the 1st half? Stanford might not be as good as expected, but it ain't no San Jose State.
    Well, this is like our game vs. Oregon last year.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Well, this is like our game vs. Oregon last year.
    Hopefully like ours, this is the apex of UW's offensive prowess. Stanford looks really, really bad. It's one of those games, but really, guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    Hopefully like ours, this is the apex of UW's offensive prowess. Stanford looks really, really bad. It's one of those games, but really, guys?
    Stanford is too one-dimensional. All those players keying on McCafree and gang tackling him is scary to watch. I'm afraid he wont' last the season.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Did not see that coming.

Stanford is too one-dimensional. All those players keying on McCafree and gang tackling him is scary to watch. I'm afraid he wont' last the season.
    Totally agree. I hope our OL & pound-it-out run game, along with Troy Williams' arm and much improved receivers are the combination that helps us avoid getting made one dimensional. Move the chains, keep the other offense off the field.

Blog Entries
    I'm preparing myself to embrace this dead feeling inside, after Saturday it could last a long time. All of Duckdom's hopes and dreams are pinned to an 18 year old from Eugene, he can become the biggest legend or a sad footnote Saturday night.

He is a big and strong kid. He is a 2-star, but I think that is because he broke his leg as a JR and it messed up recruiting. Just like Luke Falk.

Cheer up Duckaroo, brighter days are a-coming your way!

And Oregon might fire a HC for the first time in 40 years. Don't you want to compete in the Tom Herman sweepstakes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    He is a big and strong kid. He is a 2-star, but I think that is because he broke his leg as a JR and it messed up recruiting. Just like Luke Falk.

Cheer up Duckaroo, brighter days are a-coming your way!

And Oregon might fire a HC for the first time in 40 years. Don't you want to compete in the Tom Herman sweepstakes?
    He goes to the HS my kids will go to, I know the family and his little brother is probably a better athlete. Once Oregon offered according to his dad Urban started contacting, but the kids dream was to play at Oregon.

I don't think Oregon has a shot at Herman, if Texas and SC are in the running nobody would choose Oregon over them for a coaching gig. I think Les Miles could maybe be a candidate, but to an Oregon fan base built on offense dating back to their start of being relevant in the late 80s would they accept a defensive HC? Would Les be willing to have someone run the "Oregon" offense while running his defense? Also while I'm tepid at best on Helf, I'm always worried that firing a coach when you have no idea what you will end up with is the best idea. I just pray every night that this season doesn't give Uncle Phil a heart attack.

I hope and pray that LSU will be blessed with an abundance of 4-win seasons and multiple embarrassing losses as payback for firing Les Miles.

I'm scared Oregon is going to upset Washington. Oregon has been beat down and humiliated so far this season but it’s got as much talent as Washington. Washington has a great coach, but he’s never coached in a rivalry like this as the favorite. We know what that's like. It’s a whole different experience, like an NBA 7th game. The game is in Eugene, and Oregon can save its season. How can Washington not let down after that Stanford game, which frankly I fear was somewhat of a fluke. Remember Washington let Arizona take it into overtime. I hate to say this because I’m a Husky fan and hate the Ducks, but I have a bad feeling about this game.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Blog Entries
    I'm scared Oregon is going to upset Washington. Oregon has been beat down and humiliated so far this season but it’s got as much talent as Washington. Washington has a great coach, but he’s never coached in a rivalry like this as the favorite. We know what that's like. It’s a whole different experience, like an NBA 7th game. The game is in Eugene, and Oregon can save its season. How can Washington not let down after that Stanford game, which frankly I fear was somewhat of a fluke. Remember Washington let Arizona take it into overtime. I hate to say this because I’m a Husky fan and hate the Ducks, but I have a bad feeling about this game.
    I'm not going to allow you to reel me in.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I'm not going to allow you to reel me in.
    This game reminds me of Utah vs. BYU 2005.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Oregon still plays cocksure as when it was dominant. Guess what Oregon, you suck. You need to kick single extra points. Take the field goal. Punt. Not throw crazy bombs on fourth and 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Washington d is legit.