Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

classic

Actual story about Madison Bumgarner told by national treasure Vin Scully last night on the Dodgers broadcast.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

concerned, you know you want one of these.

http://teefazily.com/la-logo1

DodgersTee.jpg

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    concerned, you know you want one of these.

http://teefazily.com/la-logo1

DodgersTee.jpg
    yes I do. That is great. Thanks for the headsup . I am going to get one, but I cant figure out the sizing. Are the sizes unisex? What is 5xl? I have never heard of that? And why is the background Giants stadium and McCovey Cove?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    yes I do. That is great. Thanks for the headsup . I am going to get one, but I cant figure out the sizing. Are the sizes unisex? What is 5xl? I have never heard of that? And why is the background Giants stadium and McCovey Cove?

--Yeats

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Dodgers fans will want to read this book. Here's an excerpt in Sports Illustrated:

The Last Innocents: The Collision of the Turbulent Sixties and the Los Angeles Dodgers

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/05/18/dod...-wills-excerpt
    Last edited by LA Ute; 09-03-2016 at 03:31 PM.

--Yeats

Vin Scully's call of Koufax's perfect game:

https://www.facebook.com/Dodgers/vid...5314227133508/

--Yeats

Dodgers clinch a fourth consecutive National League West crown with a 4-3 win over the Rockies, in Vin Scully's last regular-season game as a broadcaster, on a walk off home run in the bottom of the 10th inning. It couldn't have been scripted better.

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/articl...nl-west-title/

--Yeats

Pretty sure Vin is traveling and calling the last 3 games in San Francisco. I've heard that from a couple different places.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Pretty sure Vin is traveling and calling the last 3 games in San Francisco. I've heard that from a couple different places.
    I have heard that too. I hope so.

--Yeats

why would anybody write an article about something so obvious?

Anyway, its LA's Ute's chance to read the Atlantic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...koufax/503036/

why would anybody write an article about something so obvious?

Anyway, its LA's Ute's chance to read the Atlantic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...koufax/503036/
    Great piece, thanks. I hadn't seen it.

BTW, I enjoy the Atlantic, even if SU says it's no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Yeats

Great piece, thanks. I hadn't seen it.

BTW, I enjoy the Atlantic, even if SU says it's no good.

I read a couple of testimonials to Vin Scully recently about how everybody in SoCal grew up listening to him on car radios and their transistor radios, often underneath their pillows at night. that is exactly what I did. When we were kids, you could pick up Vin Scully and jerry Dogget on KFI after the sun went down. I listened about every night on my radio. Somebody tweeted out or said the other day, "when I think of Vin, I remember my whole life." That is how I feel about my childhood. And my brother was such a huge Giants and Willie Mays & McCovey fan.

I read a couple of testimonials to Vin Scully recently about how everybody in SoCal grew up listening to him on car radios and their transistor radios, often underneath their pillows at night. that is exactly what I did. When we were kids, you could pick up Vin Scully and jerry Dogget on KFI after the sun went down. I listened about every night on my radio. Somebody tweeted out or said the other day, "when I think of Vin, I remember my whole life." That is how I feel about my childhood. And my brother was such a huge Giants and Willie Mays & McCovey fan.
    Yep, the Dodgers on KFI and the Giants on KNBR, if I recall correctly.

--Yeats

For the last four years the Dodgers have been really good at blowing the post-season, and I thought they'd do it yesterday. But there's hope! I'd love to see them in the World Series again.

--Yeats

By the way, just for the record, the Nationals seem to be the better team this year, and it just seems to be their time. Nevertheless, I continue to root for the boys in blue. Maybe they will pull it off this year when they are not supposed to.

--Yeats

By the way, just for the record, the Nationals seem to be the better team this year, and it just seems to be their time. Nevertheless, I continue to root for the boys in blue. Maybe they will pull it off this year when they are not supposed to.

In the Scherzer vs. Rich Hill match up, you've gotta favor Scherzer and the home team. However, he's been known to give up the long ball this season and the LA lineup seems to have some pop. Here's hoping you guys are sad come tomorrow night.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

What an amazing game. The Nats played so well I felt bad to see them lose. But I'm happy for my Dodgers. Let's see how they do against the Cubs.

--Yeats

Poor Blanton. He's got the guy at 0-2 with the bases loaded and he throws a gopher ball? To a pinch hitter with a .216 average?Then his very next pitch is another gopher ball? He will need some friends tonight. If I had a photo of a goat handy I'd insert it here.

--Yeats

I love watching great pitchers perform. Kershaw and Jansen were superb last night.

--Yeats

I love watching great pitchers perform. Kershaw and Jansen were superb last night.

Rich Hill followed it with an incredible performances. Let's hope the rookie can do it again tonight.

Have you made it to a playoff game LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Rich Hill followed it with an incredible performances. Let's hope the rookie can do it again tonight.

I'm still mad about his balk-pick-off move on Harper.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post

I saw the Oct. 10 game against the Nats (Dodgers used 9 pithers and lost, 8-3.) I'm going to Thursday's game against the Cubbies. Can't wait. With some luck I might see the deciding game.

And this is for DrumNFeather:

MLB Playoffs: Breaking down Julio Urias' filthy pickoff move before NLCS Game 4
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-19-2016 at 09:58 AM.

--Yeats

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

I got to go to tonight's game. The Cubs simply have better pitching. That was clear tonight.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-21-2016 at 12:34 AM.

--Yeats

I got to go to tonight's game. The Cubs simply have better pitching. That was clear tonight.
    I saw you on tv. Right behind home plate. AT first I thought it was Larry King. with his finger in his mouth most of the time, looking really old, but I realize must have been you. The resemblance is uncanny.

I saw you on tv. Right behind home plate. AT first I thought it was Larry King. with his finger in his mouth most of the time, looking really old, but I realize must have been you. The resemblance is uncanny.
    Fooled you. That was my own doppelgänger. We were sitting disconsolately on the 3rd base line.

--Yeats

Fooled you. That was my own doppelgänger. We were sitting disconsolately on the 3rd base line.

Good to know
    Not many people would admit to Larry King as their doppelganger.

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Good to know
    Not many people would admit to Larry King as their doppelganger.
    Oh, THAT Larry king. I thought you were referring to this one:

He is an interesting fellow. For example, this Larry tells me he's a doppelgänger for more than one person. What are the odds?

--Yeats

For Hot Lunch and concerned: Just in time for a Christmas hint to your wives and kids.

Dodgers_Utah.jpg

--Yeats