Thread: Travel Recommendations

Hybrid View

I don't know your kids' age but if you're at Newport there's so much to do there that I don't know why you'd want to leave. (I'm there right now and I hate leaving even to hit the grocery store.). That said, the Getty museum is terrific, if your kids are interested. There is stuff to do there for younger kids. It will take you an hour to get there. A Dodger game is a great idea, but the Angels are much closer. You could get to the San Diego Zoo in about an hour. Then there's Legoland and Sea World. (Why anyone would want to leave Newport Beach to go to thiose places us beyond me.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I don't know your kids' age but if you're at Newport there's so much to do there that I don't know why you'd want to leave. (I'm there right now and I hate leaving even to hit the grocery store.). That said, the Getty museum is terrific, if your kids are interested. There is stuff to do there for younger kids. It will take you an hour to get there. A Dodger game is a great idea, but the Angels are much closer. You could get to the San Diego Zoo in about an hour. Then there's Legoland and Sea World. (Why anyone would want to leave Newport Beach to go to thiose places us beyond me.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm with you on leaving Newport. Truthfully, despite my disdain for D-land, it seems like kind of a waste of our week at Newport to spend two days there. It is kind of like, "Okay we got the magic of Disneyland, now we can supplant the rest with Lagoon some other evening in Utah..."