Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 3412

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    I disagree. Our recent record against The BYU-P (no BIG losses since 1996, 11-6 since then, including 4 straight) would indicate exactly where our programs are in relation to each other.

The local media takes a ling time to catch up.
    You know it and I know it. I think the locals know too. They just won't admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    I disagree. Our recent record against The BYU-P (no BIG losses since 1996, 11-6 since then, including 4 straight) would indicate exactly where our programs are in relation to each other.

The local media takes a ling time to catch up.
    "Ling my berr?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9aXTtVtaLA
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by @drewjay
    One of the long-rumored Marriott Center upgrades will be the acquisition/installation of the Utah Jazz's old video boards.

Gotta love the headline:

BYU announces basketball facility upgrades in quest to stay nationally relevant

Rose downplayed the fact that his new contract, which will take him through the 2019-20 season, was announced a day before the facilities upgrades, but Senior Associate Athletic Director Brian Santiago did not."They are tied together, and we wanted to make a loud statement of our commitment to the excellence of our basketball program, and how committed we are to stay nationally relevant and chase our dreams of a national championship," Santiago said.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Gotta love the headline:

BYU announces basketball facility upgrades in quest to stay nationally relevant

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    Well, at least he admitted to it being a dream ...

This is Y...you are headed to the NIT:

1318081.jpg

This is great!

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    This is great!

Ummm

WTF

Jake Toolson does his, uh, thing

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Ummm

WTF
    When you have only three wins in the last 12 games, and they were all close "miracle" wins, you have to make them the subject of song, story and myth.

--Yeats

Speaking of living right on and off the field, someone close to the BYU program (a BYU homer in their media universe) confirmed that Bronco knew all about the Charles West charges before signing day.

The joy of this year has convinced me more than ever that we should not schedule them anymore in football. I really like our focus being elsewhere. This past season was a lot of fun. I would rather just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Speaking of living right on and off the field, someone close to the BYU program (a BYU homer in their media universe) confirmed that Bronco knew all about the Charles West charges before signing day.
    Boy, the Utah media would have never shut up about it had Whitt not made Shreve wait a year.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    The joy of this year has convinced me more than ever that we should not schedule them anymore in football. I really like our focus being elsewhere. This past season was a lot of fun. I would rather just ignore them.
    I am pretty close to being there too. A little surprised about that.

--Yeats

Our focus elsewhere? You mean like Northern Illinois and San Jose State?

Sorry, but this mindset is flat-out dumb until we get more quality opponents in the non-conference schedule, unless you're OK with getting Baylor-ed in that rare year in which we go 12-1 and get shut out of a playoff. Bottom line, without Michigan and the power of TV, we never take a break from playing BYU in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post

Sorry, but this mindset is flat-out dumb until we get more quality opponents in the non-conference schedule, unless you're OK with getting Baylor-ed in that rare year in which we go 12-1 and get shut out of a playoff. Bottom line, without Michigan and the power of TV, we never take a break from playing BYU in the first place.
    Yep. I would rather play this years and next year's schedule every every than ever play the Y again. No upside, too mush distraction. We can get other Power 5 home opponents. Sorry to be dumb however. I will keep trying to be as smart as you.

+1

I'd much schedule Utah State or Boise State

You're all are so full of sh** your eyes are brown. Simply posting in this thread undermines and contradicts any insistence that even one of you never wants Utah to play BYU again. lol Here's a challenge for y'all and the Board Oligarchs: If it is truly the wish of the smattering of Utah fans posting here, to never play BYU again, then close this thread permanently. Delete it in it's entirety. Or, in the words of a famous tv ad from yester-year: wash that BYU man right out of your hair.

Until that happens, Utah and it's fans, including every poster on this site will never be anything more than "little brother."

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    You're all are so full of sh** your eyes are brown. Simply posting in this thread undermines and contradicts any insistence that even one of you never wants Utah to play BYU again. lol Here's a challenge for y'all and the Board Oligarchs: If it is truly the wish of the smattering of Utah fans posting here, to never play BYU again, then close this thread permanently. Delete it in it's entirety. Or, in the words of a famous tv ad from yester-year: wash that BYU man right out of your hair.

Until that happens, Utah and it's fans, including every poster on this site will never be anything more than "little brother."
    I see no connection between the existence of this thread and the desire to never play BYU again. I favor playing BYU, but I have at times wanted to not play BYU simply because I dislike BYU so much. It would hurt BYU to not be able to play us, and I usually support whatever hurts BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I see no connection between the existence of this thread and the desire to never play BYU again. I favor playing BYU, but I have at times wanted to not play BYU simply because I dislike BYU so much. It would hurt BYU to not be able to play us, and I usually support whatever hurts BYU.
    You keep telling yourself that. You might start to believe it one day ...

Last edited by tooblue; 02-18-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Until we win the south, the PAC-12 and get shut out of the playoffs, worrying about our OOC is pointless.

OOC only helps if you have 0-1 loss at the end of the year.

I'd rather go 10-2 with a weak ass OOC than 8-5 with an all world OOC.

Step 1: Schedule 7 home games every year.

Step 2: schedule weak ass OOC games.

Step 3: win 10 games every year.

Step 4: get top 25 recruiting classes every year.

Step 5: win the South

Step 6: win the PAC-12

Step 7: get a top 10 recruiting class once every 4 years.

Step 8: win more PAC-12 titles.

Step 9: get shut out of playoffs.

Step 10: worry about your OOC strength.

We are soooooooooooooo far away from needing a tough OOC. We need 2-3 home OOC games much more than marquee OOC home games.

I'd rather play FCS, WAC, MWC OOC and have 7-8 home games every year than play Michigan, BYU and Illinois and only have 6 home games.

Smart programs schedule 7 home games every year. Let's be smart.

You keep telling yourself that. You might start to believe it one day ...
    I've never seen South Pacific. My wife says it's horrible.

I'm not sure I understand your point. You don't think it's reasonable for someone to (1) post in this thread and (2) prefer to not have BYU on a football schedule? Your world must be full of fun imaginary contradictions.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post

I'd like to see a B12 opponent instead. My son, however, wishes ill will on BYUP and would like them scheduled yearly.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

What are BYU and Utah fans supposed to do? Not talk about their longtime rival? Not enjoy their rival's losses? That takes place on every sports message board. You're not making much sense.

--Yeats

BYU fan delusion is so funny. It's prevalent in pretty much all of them, too.

Because we have a thread discussing the team that half the population is a fan of, and gets at least half of the local media coverage, and we have a long (and lopsided in our favor) rivalry with, that means we secretly want to play them?

I have news for you buddy, I'd much rather not have them on the schedule.

Utah's schedule is plenty tough enough without them. It's really nice not having to deal with their delusional fans. Your post in here reminds me of just how terrible it is to deal with the delusional BYU fans every year.

Let them scramble to fill a schedule, then act like their team is the greatest ever when they can't even beat a P5 team that wins a bowl game. They don't need us for that.

It's much more fun to laugh at them from an outsider's perspective, which is what this thread is. I like that much better than them dragging everyone into their crazy, delusional world with them. Even if we punk them on a regular basis so we pretty much own their world when they drag us into it, I'd still rather just occasionally peak through the window to laugh at them while never making contact.

I'd still rather play them for selfish reasons. I still watch college sports to be entertained. I want to continue to pretend that it isn't a big business. I want the Utes to do well, but I don't want to chase a championship at the cost of taking the fun and personality out of the game. The long time rivalry adds that fun and personality. Is the 5-interception-by-Max-Hall game at the end of the 2008 season less fun and memorable if it was against Colorado? Does 54-10 mean anything to Ute fans if it is a road win against Oregon St?

Any year we are a good enough team to be chasing a championship in the PAC 12, having BYU on the non-con schedule will be a roadbump.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Well, little brother kicked the shit out of BYU on it's home floor this year. I know because I watched it on TV. Were you able to watch the game?
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Look at the masses, frothing at the mouth ... anxious, overwhelmed, excited and antsy. Desperate to demonstrate poise in the face of their pitiful, pious pandering to the deep seeded insecurities brought to a boil, just under the surface. What a glorious spectacle. Long live the rivalry, and the games to be played—you all should be saying joyfully. For without it, Utah is nothing more than the new Oregon State.

Look at the masses, frothing at the mouth ... anxious, overwhelmed, excited and antsy. Desperate to demonstrate poise in the face of their pitiful, pious pandering to the deep seeded insecurities brought to a boil, just under the surface. What a glorious spectacle. Long live the rivalry, and the games to be played—you all should be saying joyfully. For without it, Utah is nothing more than the new Oregon State.
    <wakes up from a drunken stupor>
    Still trolling I see?
    <rolls over to go back to sleep>

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    <wakes up from a drunken stupor>
    Still trolling I see?
    <rolls over to go back to sleep>
    Hi, I'm internet troll Rob Lowe, and I have cable.