Thread: Bowl game thread

Hybrid View

Brett McMurphy projects the Utes vs. K.State in the Heart of Dallas bowl. I could go for that.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Brett McMurphy projects the Utes vs. K.State in the Heart of Dallas bowl. I could go for that.
    Every projection I've seen has Utah vs a Big12 team. I've seen KSU, ISU, and Texas.

With UW at 13 in the CFP rankings and TCU at 11, there's a chance the Pac-12 sneaks two teams into NY6 bowls. That would bump everyone up one rung in the Pac-12 pecking order, but I don't think it would be enough for Utah to get into a Pac-12 affiliated bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Every projection I've seen has Utah vs a Big12 team. I've seen KSU, ISU, and Texas.

With UW at 13 in the CFP rankings and TCU at 11, there's a chance the Pac-12 sneaks two teams into NY6 bowls. That would bump everyone up one rung in the Pac-12 pecking order, but I don't think it would be enough for Utah to get into a Pac-12 affiliated bowl.
    Yeah - for once being the worst of the Pac 12 bowl eligible teams might play to our benefit. UCLA and Oregon are both 4-5 in league play and we're 3-6, so even if that happens we shouldn't bump up to whatever the last Pac 12 bowl is.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Yeah - for once being the worst of the Pac 12 bowl eligible teams might play to our benefit. UCLA and Oregon are both 4-5 in league play and we're 3-6, so even if that happens we shouldn't bump up to whatever the last Pac 12 bowl is.
    I think the bowl order for the Pac-12 is:

1) Rose (not this year)
    2) Alamo
    3) Holiday
    4) Foster Farms
    5) Sun
    6) Vegas
    7) Cactus

I'm not sure what the selection rules are. But there are 6 games there for 7 teams if the Pac-12 gets two into the NY6.

I got all excited when I saw so many bowl possibilities (AL, TN, LA) were short drives from me. I'm still hoping for those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I got all excited when I saw so many bowl possibilities (AL, TN, LA) were short drives from me. I'm still hoping for those three.
    Somebody in the athletic dept said they are about 90% certain it will be the Houston bowl against the Longhorns, but it could change.

I would like that. Have we ever played Texas? Not in my memory anyway...